Location: Canada, ON, Richmond HillApply Now
Reporting to the Director, US Taxation, the Manager, US Taxation will become a member of a global tax department responsible for corporate income tax compliance, planning, and accounting for income taxes for the United States.
The Open Text Tax Department is charged with the responsibility to create value by;
• Deferring cash or reducing cash taxes
• Ensuring timely and accurate tax compliance and accounting
• Manage and balance tax risks
You are great at:
US corporate tax compliance – this will include preparation/review of US income tax returns/extensions/quarterly tax installments for separate entities and consolidated groups (or coordinating with third party tax advisors to get returns completed), coordinating with US controllers and other internal departments to gather the necessary information required to prepare the returns
• Preparation of other required tax forms (Annual reports, business license, W-8/W-9 forms)
• Preparation of the ASC 740 (FAS109) tax provision calculation for the US Companies, including interaction with outside financial statement auditors, reconciliation of income tax accounts, support and ensure SOX compliance
• Managing and coordinating tax projects
• Research and documentation of income tax accounting methods, tax positions and processes
• Prepare responses to notices received from governmental agencies to resolve any disputed issues
• Keep up to date on tax law changes and their organizational impact
• Assist the Director, US Taxation with IRS and state income tax audits
What it takes:
• Bachelor’s degree required, CPA designation
• Minimum of 6 years tax experience
• Experience in the following technical areas: Consolidated tax return process for a large multinational company, ASC 740 (FAS 109), FIN 48 reserve analysis, Purchase accounting, Tax accounting related to various IP issues
• Experience in dealing with taxing agencies and outside auditors (both in tax jurisdictions & financial statement auditors)
• Must be able to multi-task and have the ability to work in a fast past environment. Strong project management and organizational skills to handle multiple projects with conflicting time lines.
•A proactive, can-do, work ethic; a demonstrated strong desire to work hard to identify issues and opportunities.
• Ability to manage relationships with external tax advisors in tax planning and compliance assignments. Ability to work cooperatively with internal finance and accounting services teams. Collaborate with peers and senior management on file planning and completion within time constraints.
• Knowledge of GO Systems/One Source for tax return preparation, Knowledge of Longview for tax provision preparation.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.