Location: Canada, ON, Richmond HillApply Now
The Senior Security Engineer is a member of the Open Text Global Information Security team and has responsibility for delivering, developing and designing security orchestration and automation. This role focuses on delivering automation of security solutions, both on-premise and in the cloud. This role will use vendor APIs to drive new features and greater efficiencies for the Security team.
You are great at:
• Continually building automation and tooling capabilities for the deployment and management of our internal security services
• Understanding the technical environment at an expert level to assist with troubleshooting and investigation efforts
• Designing and implementing security solutions from start to finish, including bringing new solutions from concept to completion
• Configuring and implementing security solutions to include endpoint security, threat and vulnerability management, SIEM, etc.
• Provide security guidance to security teams on technical, procedural, and best practices for cloud-based solutions
• Act as a key stakeholder for the Information Security project portfolio and be the SME for tools used to protect Open Text’s assets
• Perform other duties and responsibilities necessary
What it takes:
• BS in Computer Science, Cyber Security, Information Assurance, Information Security preferred
• 6+ years of experience and demonstrated success in security or infrastructure
• 3+ years working with security automation technologies in an enterprise environment
• Experience with scripting and programming languages like Python and Powershell
• Strong Analytical skills and aptitude for change
• Experience with Windows and Linux environments
• Experience with containers and proficient with Kubernetes and Docker
• Experience working in public cloud environments such as GCP, AWS and Azure
• Demonstrated experience generating metrics to measure service and program effectiveness
• Strong written and presentation skills with the ability to communicate effectively
• Must be able to work in a fast paced and changing environment while handling multiple tasks, priorities, and directives. Capable of working under pressure.
• CISSP, SANS, Cloud and other industry certifications preferred.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.