Location: Canada, ON, Richmond HillApply Now
The Lead Cybersecurity Threat Hunter is a key member of the company’s Cyber Security program, responsible for leading and maturing the Threat Hunting program while coordinating efforts across programs and teams, such as Threat Intelligence and Incident Response. The successful candidate will lead the development of threat detection and analysis techniques from Threat Intelligence, threat trends and security tools to drive improvements in security monitoring and alerting capabilities. This hands-on role requires deep technical knowledge of security monitoring, security operations, network and systems analysis, threat modeling and threat detection.
You are great at:
• Researching and understanding Cybersecurity threats, threat actors, trends in adversary activities, attack vectors and Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs).
• Using threat modeling and attack frameworks to develop advanced detection mechanisms for a variety of security tools and technologies to identify, detect and respond to malicious activity.
• Identifying actionable intelligence for Threat Hunting by distilling and prioritizing information from a variety of open and closed source Threat Intelligence feeds.
• Levering intelligence derived from Threat Hunting to improve overall Security Operations, tool visibility, threat awareness, detection and response.
• Driving the implementation and consistent operation of the Threat Hunting program.
• Leading security program improvements and efficiencies across security technologies, processes, and services.
• Optimizing security tools deployment and introducing scalable security services.
• Building and coordinating plans for transition and integration of an acquired company’s security operations, tools, services, and processes.
• Leading and/or managing technical security SMEs.
• Continually building automation and tooling capabilities for the deployment and management of our internal security services.
• Driving continuous improvement of the acquisition security integration playbook.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities necessary.
What it takes:
• 7+ years of experience and demonstrated success in technology leadership with emphasis on security and infrastructure and cloud.
• 3+ years technical management experience, including experience leading large-scale, demanding, and information security projects.
• BS in Computer Science, Cyber Security, Information Assurance, or Information Security preferred.
• Technical skills with IT security components, including firewalls, UTM, ATP, TVM, IAM, security analytics, server operating systems, and other industry-standard techniques and practices.
• Experience with Digital Forensics and Incident Response.
• Experience in Security solution architecture, design, and implementation across all system platforms.
• Demonstrated experience generating metrics to measure service and program effectiveness.
• Strong written and presentation skills with the ability to communicate effectively with diverse technical and non-technical groups, spanning all organizational levels.
• Knowledge of security related legislation/regulations such as ISO, PCI, and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and privacy.
• Must be able to work in a fast paced and changing environment while handling multiple tasks, priorities, and directives. Capable of working under pressure.
• CISSP, GCIH, CISA, CISM, or other industry certifications preferred.
• Experience with MITRE ATT&CK framework preferred.
• Other Locations available for this role are Ohio, Brook Park and Georgia,Alpharetta
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.