Location: Canada, ON, WaterlooApply Now
As a Technical Consultant, you will work closely together with other Professional Service Consultants in the delivery of OpenText engagements. In addition, a Technical Consultant works with Account Executives, Solution/Business Consultants and Strategic Partners throughout the sales and delivery cycles. This position is focused on Enterprise accounts.
A Technical Consultant understands the technology needed for the most effective solutions offered by OpenText products, with an emphasis on the OpenText Content Server product lines. By applying business skills and consulting methodologies, you will collect and analyze data, design, configure and implement OpenText solutions based on customer requirements. You will collaborate effectively with other dependent resources to assure tasks are completed to meet project specifications.
You are great at:
• Deliver Professional Services engagements with high quality.
• Ability to understand and translate customer business requirements into a system that best utilizes Open Text product functionality.
• Contribute to the development of a solution design.
• Work in conjunction with Open Text colleagues to implement technical configurations.
• Contribute to project documentation, including, but not limited to: requirements document, technical design, test plans, and knowledge transfer documentation.
• Deliver presentations, workshops and live demonstrations to a mixed audience of technical, business, and management staff.
• Prepare, maintain, and submit weekly activity/progress reports and time recording reports.
• Interact with sales, services and partners to provide technical and functional guidance and assist with scoping project efforts.
What it takes:
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in a consulting role.
• Competent with OpenText Content Server, OpenText Records Management, OpenText Workflow and OpenText Web Reports.
• Familiarity with other Content Management applications is a plus.
• A solid grasp of a variety of technologies that include development languages, tools, web-based technology and knowledge of software industry relating to varying aspects of OpenText solutions.
• Adhere to Open Text’s internal standards and best practices for consistent, high quality project delivery.
• Ability to converse, read and write in French is a plus but not required.
• Travel is a requirement of this position.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.