Location: Canada, ON, Richmond HillApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
Reporting to the SVP & Chief Accounting Officer, the Director of Compliance & Disclosure Controls is responsible for working with key finance management to design and document controls across the organization, including focusing on additional controls as a result of implementation of new accounting standards, system changes and/or migration, and all interim and final controls as a result of acquisition activity within the Global Finance organization
You are great at:
• Partner with key finance management across all business units and processes to design and prepare or review documentation (prepared by others) controls, including a focus on internal controls over financial reporting and disclosures.
• Lead the documentation of controls as a result of acquisition activity within the Global Finance organization. This may include acting as a change agent to implement best practices controls.
• Lead the design, including documentation of any controls required as part of new accounting standards and/or information system changes/migration.
• Work in partnership with Internal Audit & Compliance Services, who is primarily responsible for Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance program to recommend any required changes to the Risk and Control Matrix for key SOX controls.
• Work in partnership with the Internal Audit & Compliance Services team on any potential control deficiencies and remediation plans, including documentation.
• Monitor to ensure process owners maintain all relevant control documentation to ensure they are up to date.
• Action and oversee control activities are implemented across the Global Finance Organization while ensuring conformity with professional accounting standards and best practices.
• Act as a liaison on behalf of the Finance leadership team to articulate documented controls, which will be adopted across the Global Finance team .
• Oversee compliance and strategy, in partnership with the Finance Leadership team.
What it takes:
• A Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance (Masters degree preferred)
• CPA certification;
• Minimum of 10+ years of experience in a senior financial leadership position (Public Company)
• Proficiency in US GAAP, SOX controls
• Understanding of tax regulations and compliance
• Exceptional business acumen
• Previous experience within the technology industry would be considered an asset
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.