Location: Canada, ON, Richmond HillApply Now
Reporting to the SVP & Chief Accounting Officer, the Director of Sox Compliance is responsible for working with key finance management to design and document controls across the organization, including focusing on additional controls as a result of implementation of new accounting standards, system changes and/or migration, and all interim and final controls as a result of acquisition activity within the Global Finance organization.
You are great at:
• Partnering with finance mangement across all business units and processes to design and prepare or review documentation (prepared by others) controls, including a focus on internal controls over financial reporting and disclosures.
• Leading the documentation of controls as a result of acquisition activity within the Global Finance organization. This may include acting as a change agent to implement best practices controls.
• Leading the design, including documentation of any controls required as part of new accounting standards and/or information system changes/migration.
• Working in partnership with Internal Audit & Compliance Services, who is primarily responsible for Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance program to recommend any required changes to the Risk and Control Matrix for key SOX controls.
• Working in partnership with the Internal Audit & Compliance Services team on any potential control deficiencies and remediation plans, including documentation.
• Monitoring to ensuring process owners maintain all relevant control documentation to ensure they are up to date.
• Action and oversee control activities are implemented across the Global Finance Oganization while ensuring conformity with professional accounting standards and best practices.
• Acting as a liaison on behalf of the Finance leadership team to articulate documented controls, which will be adopted across the Global Finance team .
• Overseeing compliance and strategy, in partnership with the Finance Leadership team.
• Manageing the relations with KPMG in ensuring that the testing of the control design and operating effectiveness is performed per agreed timelines.
What it takes:
• A Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance (Masters degree preferred)
• CPA certification;
• Proficiency in US GAAP, SOX controls
• Understanding of SEC regulations and compliance
• Exceptional business acumen
• Minimum 10 years of experience in Sox/ internal audit within either the software or high-tech industries managing multiple legal entities.
• Proven self-starter with the ability to balance multiple tasks of competing priorities in a changing and dynamic environment.
• Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
• Experience interacting well at senior management and executive levels with a proven ability to assess business risk and escalate to management with appropriate alternatives
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with an ability to facilitate or lead cross-finance teamwork
• Proven problem solving and root cause identification skills
• Strong analytic and decision-making abilities
• Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.