Location: Canada, ON, Richmond HillApply Now
Reporting to the VP Corporate Accounting, the Director is responsible for providing overall financial leadership to the corporate accounting team which is accountable for the consolidated financial reporting and corporate accounting policies of the company. This includes leading the corporate US GAAP financial close, production of periodic financial statements, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy and timeliness of the company's reported financial results and ensure that reported results comply with US GAAP.
You are great at:
• Leading the overall corporate US GAAP monthly, quarterly and annual financial close processes through the analysis of financial results and interpretation of trends, while working with the corporate controllership and various global shared service teams to ensure accurate and timely processing of accounting transactions.
• Managing and providing overall financial leadership to the corporate accounting team responsible for, but not limited to, Pension accounting, Hedge accounting, Foreign Exchange, Translation, Goodwill, Intangibles, accounting for Mergers and Acquisition, Lease accounting, Prepaids, Fixed Assets, Accruals and Restructuring.
• Researching and opine on technical US GAAP accounting matters and implement new accounting standards as required, including comparative periods and necessary disclosures.
• Building strong working relationships in support of cross functional teams to drive key corporate accounting initiatives. This includes partnering with cross functional teams responsible for international controllership, corporate and indirect tax, transfer pricing, treasury, financial planning and analysis, M&A, revenue recognition, legal and operations, among others.
• Maintaining and enforcing a documented system of corporate accounting policies and procedures.
• Support the business and operations management as needed by providing project support and interpreting complex accounting transactions.
• Support treasury and financial planning and analysis teams by providing forecast updates as needed.
• Manage the relationship with external auditors to support and coordinated the completion of the annual audit and quarterly reviews of the consolidated financial statements.
• Manage relationships with accounting service providers to ensure efficient delivery of services.
• Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants.
• Responsible for complying with local, state and federal government reporting requirements.
• Responsible for the filing of quarterly and annual reports with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
What it takes:
• Minimum 15 years of in various Accounting and Finance roles at a senior level within either the software or high-tech industries managing corporate accounting teams.
• Excellent knowledge of US GAAP requirements.
• Experienced with consolidations, foreign exchange, transfer pricing and treasury issues working in a large multi-national organization.
• Proven self-starter with the ability to balance multiple tasks of competing priorities in a changing and dynamic environment.
• Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
• Experience interacting well at senior management and executive levels with a proven ability to assess business risk and escalate to management with appropriate alternatives.
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with an ability to facilitate or lead cross-finance teamwork.
• Proven problem solving and root cause identification skills.
• Strong analytic and decision-making abilities.
• Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.