Location: United Kingdom, ReadingApply Now
An OpenText Professional Services Technical Consultant is responsible for the technical delivery of varying aspects of specific solutions, based on products from across the OpenText portfolio.
Overall, such delivery activities encompass the design, implementation, testing and documentation of specific software components that make up the architecture for a given solution. This role has a focus on architecture best practices, combined with the consultative skills required in order to promote the impression of quality and excellence actively fostered within the UK PS team.
We are looking for candidates that have the ability and aspiration to be a success. You may not necessarily have everything in your armory today, and should you need it, you will be given the opportunity to develop and learn with a solid development structure and dedicated mentor. Our aim is to develop the candidate into a Technical Consultant who can work with a fair degree of autonomy, under the supervision and mentoring of more experienced consultants within the team. As you progress, it is not uncommon for you as a sufficiently experienced technical consultant to interact alone with a given customer and manage appropriate technical customer relationships for the duration of a project.
You will be engaged in projects, from many different business verticals, which vary from managing multiple, short and relatively fast paced engagements, to involvement within larger programmes of work depending upon levels of experience and aptitude.
Your engagement within a project may commence from the initial pre-sales bid support, working closely with the sales / bid management team until the contract has been secured. Involvement with the project may then continue from formal initiation through to the transition of the solution into operational running, and transference of ownership to the internal OpenText customer services team.
The role is customer facing and requires excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate to a wide range of stakeholders (internally and externally) both orally and in writing.
There will be travel to national and occasionally international locations, with an expectation for site-based engagement where appropriate.
You are great at:
To work within an Open Text technical delivery team in order to:
• Assist in requirements gathering activities.
• Participate and contribute to technical design activities.
• Participate in the installation and configuration of specific Open Text software components, in line with project and customer time-scales.
• Deliver a range of technical documentation relating to any software components delivered.
• Interact with both customer and internal OpenText project stakeholders to articulate specific technical options and decisions in a concise and clear manner.
• To contribute to bids requiring technical input as well as providing estimating expertise during the sales cycle.
• Actively seek new opportunities by working with the customer, and the change control provisions provided by the contract, to extend the scope of profitable business.
• Manage expectations and responsibilities for all client and internal stakeholders.
What it takes:
• 2 - 3 years experience working on technical implementation and software configuration projects involving several of the following areas:
o Delivering enterprise wide solutions. Electronic Information Management experience is of benefit, but not essential.
o Implementation and Upgrades
o Systems Integration
o System and unit testing approach and methodologies
• Good working knowledge of the following technologies:
o Windows Server, Solaris, Linux (any one)
o SQL – either Oracle or SQL Server specific knowledge preferable.
o XML-related technologies and frameworks such as SAX, DOM, STAX.
o HTTP/HTTPS and related protocols.
o Web Server Technologies
o TCP/IP and basic networking protocol knowledge.
o LDAP and or Active Directory Experience
o Cloud Technologies and practices
o Scripting Languages
• An understanding software development lifecycle and industry standard frameworks
• Strong interpersonal and people management skills
• Contributing to and writing detailed, quality documentation
• Participation in the pre-sales process and contributing to sales / bid documentation
• Ability to build and manage strong customer relationships, both internal and external
• Ability to use own initiative to resolve problems and to obtain relevant information needed to perform a given task
• Highly motivated and determined
• Willingness to travel (both UK and internationally)
• Strong Team player and confident with a strong presence
• Keen and to contribute to a growing and maturing practice
• Any experience with OpenText products, in the Content Server, xECM, and Documentum space is highly desirable but not essential
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.