Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
Open Text has a global software compliance team that enjoys executive sponsorship at the highest levels. This rapidly growing team is looking for new members who are detail oriented and able to combine strong technical, legal, organizational, and negotiation skills to protect Open Text’s intellectual property while fostering and strengthening customer relationships.
Specifically, the Compliance Manager is responsible for systematically engaging customers who utilize Open Text’s software to ensure that the customer’s use of the software is within its licensed software entitlements. If a customer is found to be using software that is not fully licensed, the Compliance Manager conducts negotiations and prepares appropriate license contracts necessary to resolve all aspects of the non-compliance.
Other objectives include protecting the value of Open Text’s intellectual property, protecting and enhancing customer relationships, and serving as resident experts of Open Text software licensing.
You are great at:
• Develop, maintain, and execute a product or regional specific compliance engagement strategy and process that balances the protection of Open Text intellectual property, customer relationships, revenue recovery, and other cross functional needs.
• Develop and maintain related product use questionnaires to be used during compliance assessments.
• Review the effectiveness of compliance tools, and drive the development of new features and functionality as necessary in order to improve compliance coverage.
• Identify key team members (and maintain these relationships) who will contribute specific technical expertise (database queries, custom reports, product understanding, etc.) for customer compliance assessments.
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders to assess product, contract, and relationship specific risk factors for each customer engagement. Analyze contractual, financial, and other documentation to understand customer entitlements.
• Manage customer engagements with primary responsibility for all phases of assessment from initial interactions to close-out of each assessment.
• Negotiate appropriate resolution of non-compliance issues directly with customer and internal stakeholders.
• When needed, engage 3rd party audit resources to conduct onsite audits and maintain effective relationships with other compliance team and resources.
• Support customer and internal requests for information related to licensing of Open Text software products.
• Maintain an appropriate communication plan with business management and key stakeholders to inform them with details of upcoming audits and assessment results and activity.
What it takes:
Experience in software industry with both technical and contractual exposure.
• Excellent contract interpretation, negotiation skills, and direct customer facing experience are core to this role.
• Extremely strong organization and productivity skills to seamlessly manage multiple complex engagements simultaneously.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills required.
• Strong understanding of software technology, licensing, and controls with ability to understand and interpret nuances of software license agreements and contracts.
• Good understanding of business processes in large companies.
• Strong understanding of software license compliance issues in large companies.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills required; attentiveness to detail.
• Comfortable working across all business functions at every level from individual contributor to C-Level executives.
• Ability to exercise independent judgment.
• Ability to lead, influence, and team with others.
• Professionally persistent, patient, respectful, honest, and strong under pressure, especially during occasional adversarial conversations.
• Up to 10% travel required.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.