Function: Cloud Services
Location: United Kingdom, ReadingApply Now
The Senior Consultant provides consulting services to clients on business application requirements needed to support trading partner EDI / Electronic Commerce requirements and translate client’s business requirements into technical specifications to be used by offshore developers to build translation maps. You will communicate on a day-to-day basis with client technical resources, OT project management and other OT team members. Having created map specifications, you will be responsible for monitoring and managing quality of the maps delivered, providing leadership to the mapping and analyst team on best practices, reviewing project team deliverables for technical consistency and approving prior to client review.
You are great at:
• Providing consulting services to customer on complex mapping correlations based on EDI / Electronic Commerce best practices.
• Providing consulting services to customer on business application requirements needed to support trading partner EDI / Electronic Commerce requirements.
• Interpreting business process requirements and producing technical specifications, project documentation and coordinate development activities with global development teams.
• Providing leadership to analyst and mapping teams by setting priorities, technical direction and ensuring consistent quality deliverables and best practices are followed.
• Taking ownership and work through non-standard problems through to resolution.
• Performing all job functions independently with minimal direction and supervision.
• Working cross-functionally to define implementation design and functional requirements.
• Working on multiple and complex projects concurrently.
• Identifying and resolving issues during unit and customer acceptance testing.
• Documenting status reports and escalating issues to the Project Manager.
What it takes:
• Knowledge of EDI standards (EDIFACT, TRADACOMS, X12, VDA, XML), and B2B integration.
• Knowledge of EDI Mapping processes and Map Specifications.
• Experience working with Data Translation software supporting data mapping and transformation processes (XML, EDI, X12, IDoc, Flat files, etc.).
• Consultancy experience and ability to facilitate client workshops.
• Ability to work with competing demands by prioritizing to achieve project goals.
• Experience of sales cycle activities.
• Willing and able to occasionally travel as required.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills.
• Additional European language is required.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.