Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
The SAP Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for delivering revenue and pipeline fulfillment against a defined quota for SAP-related solutions in their assigned territory.
This role reports to the OpenText Director of SAP Business Development (EMEA). The Business Development function sits within the Alliances organization, reporting through to the VP Global Channels and Alliances at OpenText. The BDM territory assignment will align geographically to SAP UK&I to ensure effective coverage of the partner’s field resources and GTM execution structure.
This is a sales-oriented role objectified to develop an assigned territory and set of SAP accounts. It requires heavy collaboration with the SAP field sales organization to create partnering opportunities for joint sales activity and engagements. To achieve this objective, the BDM works outbound with SAP field stakeholders in their assigned territory to drive the execution of a joint business plan spanning key activities such as enablement, territory analysis & planning, demand generation, deal execution, delivery skills development and customer references. As a part of this process, they engage in local events, sales meetings, account planning sessions, local marketing events, etc. to evangelize and educate their SAP field counterparts on Open Text. They engage in early stage opportunities to qualify and solidify the value proposition of Open Text for the customer to establish the sales cycle.
You are great at:
• Developing regional plan to attain pipeline and revenue goals for the region
• Monitoring and managing pipeline and revenue plan progress to ensure attainment of revenue goals
• Managing relations and interface with key SAP field stakeholders to create high-value, field-level relationships that ensure adequate pipeline to meet revenue goals
• Supporting SAP & OpenText Account Executives to evaluate and diagnose customer requirements to qualify opportunity fit for Open Text’s suite of SAP solutions
• Co-selling OpenText SAP solutions with OpenText and SAP Account Executives
• Establishing the solution fit, initial strategy and vision for the prospect in early stages of sales cycles to enable hand-off to Sales AE’s and Presales in the sales cycle process
• Partner selection / acquisition / validation together with regional Channel organization, in coordination with SAP, Alliances and Professional Services, and then monitoring the execution of the business plan together with regional Alliances organization
• Engagement with licensed customers to ensure project success, customer references, ensuring OpenText is part of their future roadmap and spotting opportunities for up-sell & cross-sell.
What it takes:
• Demonstrated track record to meet or exceed quotas, either in direct field sales roles or in partner management/partner sales roles
• Experience working with license sales teams at SAP or other large ERP vendors and related markets highly desirable
• Proven ability to work with cross-functional sales, marketing & related teams to achieve objectives while operating as a team player
• Strong written and verbal skills including communication and presentation skills
• Strong understanding of sales and marketing principles
• Strong program and project management skills
• Demonstrated experience in the development of enabling programs for sales and partner channel
• Demonstrated ability to articulate, communicate and educate external audiences including partners and customers, on the business-level value propositions of complex solutions and/or related software solution offerings
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.