Location: United Kingdom, ReadingApply Now
We are looking for a versatile senior engineer who will work across the many high-impact projects the hiring team is responsible for. This candidate needs to display leadership and self-motivation qualities and be enthused to take on new problems across various languages and platforms. They will contribute to the tooling, platforms and applications produced by the team to support OpenText's products and engineers alike. This is a key role within Engineering and one at the very heart of OpenText’s future, the successful candidate is almost certain to find themselves in a career defining role.
As a software engineer in this team you will be contributing to:
• The OpenText Developer Experience, OpenText’s flagship platform for external developer enablement and cloud services
• AppWorks Gateway application development platform (hybrid mobile/desktop)
• OpenText's flagship mobile offerings (powered by AppWorks Gateway)
• Software systems and applications that support OpenText's annual international conference schedule
You are great at:
• Designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining and improving software.
• Working with and developing for major cloud platforms such as K8s, Cloud Foundry, etc.
• Building highly maintainable, easy-to-understand code in the cloud, including web services, web, iOS, and Android.
• Assisting in task management and Agile planning, managing individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
• Mentoring junior team members with regard to code design, testing and standards.
• Working with multiple internal engineering teams to understand and respond to their needs around the platforms and applications maintained by the hiring team.
• Keeping a level head in a pressured environment
• Working with geographically dispersed teams
What it takes:
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
• Proven relevant work experience
• Proficiency in modern web programming including HTML, CSS, AngularJS, JQuery, NodeJS, etc.
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design.
• Familiarity with professional software engineering practices across the entire development life cycle; coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing.
• Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
• Experience developing software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
• Development experience designing, developing and maintaining REST-based interfaces and their clients
• Familiarity with cloud computing. Containers, IaaS and PaaS.
• Strong interest, and the ability to, learn other coding languages, databases, platforms and tools as needed.
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
• Experience developing, releasing, and maintaining an iOS or Android apps.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.