Location: United Kingdom, ReadingApply Now
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Collections, the Collection Specialist brings their solid experience in global collections to deliver on collections targets. He/She has a passion for delivering the best in class customer experience in the cash collections function and has the drive to learn from others on supporting the Cash Collections strategy. Integration is a way of life for us so you will bring your best practice mindset to continuously strive for flawless execution on every integration.
You are great at:
• Accountable for the timely collection of accounts in your account portfolio; including ensuring accurate customer information is maintained;
• Responsible for effectively resolving collections disputes in your portfolio;
• Responsible to keep updated with changes in collection practice and process;
• Accurately evaluate the likelihood of collectability of disputed/contentious items before they hit 90 days past due to flag “at risk” accounts to your leader to resolve;
• Partner with your peers to support collections activity in other portfolios as required to ensure cash flow targets are met
• Assist your leader in other project/initiatives as assigned to deliver on best in class process and practice for the Cash Collections function.
What it takes:
• Extensive collections experience, preferably global B2B preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and negotiation skills, specifically with Sales and External Customers
• Strong customer service mindset with the ability to solve it right the first time
• Strong organization and time management skills, with demonstrated success managing multiple priorities
• Good working knowledge of SAP and of Microsoft Office Excel
• Self- starter with a continuous improvement mindset to support best in class process automation
• Strong team player, understanding that you deliver as a team and it is always best when you collaborate to find solutions to problems.
• Demonstrated ability to learn with your peers and others and support a culture of resiliency in a continuously changing environment.
• French or German Language skills an asset
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.