Function: Cloud Services
Location: Poland, PoznanApply Now
An OpenText Senior Consultant is responsible for the technical delivery of the CS (Content Server) Platform based solutions. Such delivery activities encompass the design, development, deployment, testing and documentation of specific software components - either providing extensions to specific items of core product functionality or implementing specific system integration components. This role has a heavy deployment and administration emphasis, combined with the consultative skills required to promote the impression of quality and excellence actively fostered within the Professional Services team.
Engagements may vary from managing multiple short and relatively fast paced engagements, to larger projects depending upon levels of experience. The nature of work may include full application lifecycle activities right from development, deployment/provisioning, testing, migration, decommissioning and ongoing run & maintain (upgrades, patching etc.) of the cloud deployments.
You are great at:
- Participating and contributing to technical design & deployment activities.
- Participating in the day to day administration of the systems, including Incident & Problem Management.
- Participating in planning and execution of new implementations, upgrades and patching activities.
- Participating in the advanced configuration of CS software components, in line with project and customer time scales.
- To co-ordinate project delivery through multiple teams that may include 3rd party suppliers, partners and client resources.
- Actively contributing in automating provisioning, patching and upgrade activities where possible to achieve operational efficiencies.
- Actively seeking new opportunities by working with the customer and the change control provisions provided by the contract, to extend the scope of profitable business.
- Actively using and contributing to the project management standards and quality checks used within OpenText Professional Services.
- Managing expectations and responsibilities for all client and internal stakeholders.
- Responding to and solving customer technical requests, show an understanding of the customer's managed hosted environment and applications within the Open Text cloud enabling resolution of complex technical issues. Document or Implement proposed solutions.
- Operating, managing, and administering production applications on UNIX and Windows based servers and services according to policies and best-practices.
Responding to and troubleshooting alerts from monitoring of applications, servers and devices sufficient to meet service level agreements
- Collaborating on cross-team and cross-product technical issues with a variety of resources including Product support, IT, and Professional Services.
What it takes:
- Experience delivering service using ITIL methodology.
- Knowledge of Windows, UNIX, and Application administration skills in a TCP/IP networked environment.
- Experience working with relational DBMS (PostgreSQL/Postgres, Oracle, MS SQL Server, mySQL)
- Familiarity with configuration and management of web/application servers (IIS, Apache, Tomcat, JBoss, etc.).
- BE/B. Tech. or equivalent technical qualification.
- It is an advantage if you have experience with JQuery, JQuery UI, AJAX, JSon, Web Services and LDAP, Java or C++ or C#, virtualization / VMware.
- ITIL certification would be considered a great asset.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.