Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
An OpenText Provisioning Service Consultant is responsible for the technical delivery of the CS (Content Server) Platform based solutions. Such delivery activities encompass the design, development, deployment, testing and documentation of specific software components – either providing extensions to specific items of core product functionality or implementing specific system integration components. This role has a heavy deployment and administration emphasis, combined with the consultative skills required to promote the impression of quality and excellence actively fostered within the Professional Services team.
Engagements may vary from managing multiple short and relatively fast paced engagements, to larger projects depending upon levels of experience. The nature of work may include full application lifecycle activities right from development, deployment/provisioning, testing, migration, decommissioning and ongoing run & maintain (upgrades, patching etc.) of the cloud deployments.
The role is customer facing and requires excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate to a wide range of stake holders (internally and externally), both verbally and in writing.
You are great at:
• Participating and contributing to technical design & deployment activities.
• Participating in the day to day administration of the systems, including Incident & Problem Management
• Participating in planning and execution of new implementations, upgrades and patching activities.
• Participating in the advanced configuration of CS software components, in line with project and customer time scales.
• Co-ordinating project delivery through multiple teams that may include 3rd party suppliers, partners and client resources.
• Actively contributing in automating provisioning, patching and upgrade activities where possible to achieve operational efficiencies.
• Actively seeking new opportunities by working with the customer and the change control provisions provided by the contract, to extending the scope of profitable business.
• Actively using and contributing to the project management standards and quality checks used within OpenText Professional Services.
• Managing expectations and responsibilities for all client and internal stakeholders.
• Utilizing exceptional written and verbal communication skills while supporting customers via web, telephone, or email, while demonstrating a high level of customer focus and empathy.
• Responding to and solving customer technical requests, showing an understanding of the customer's managed hosted environment and applications within the Open Text cloud enabling resolution of complex technical issues. Documenting or Implementing proposed solutions.
• Operating, managing, and administering production applications on UNIX and Windows based servers and services according to policies and best-practices.
• Responding to and troubleshooting alerts from monitoring of applications, servers and devices sufficient to meet service level agreements
• Collaborating on cross-team and cross-product technical issues with a variety of resources including Product support, IT, and Professional Services.
What it takes:
BE/B. Tech. or equivalent technical qualification
Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
Well versed with deployment, administration and troubleshooting of a content management type software and surrounding components preferably Open Text software. Experience with cloud deployment of the content management platform will be advantage.
Good experience/knowledge on following:
• Experience delivering service using ITIL methodology
• Knowledge of Windows, UNIX, and Application administration skills in a TCP/IP networked environment.
• Experience working with relational DBMS (PostgreSQL/Postgres, Oracle, MS SQL Server, mySQL)
• Familiarity with configuration and management of web/application servers (IIS, Apache, Tomcat, JBoss, etc.).
Other skills as the advantage:
• JQuery, JQuery UI, AJAX, JSon,
• Experience with Web Services and LDAP.
• Java or C++ or C#
• Awareness on virtualization / VMware would be advantage
• ITIL certification would be considered a great asset.
You should also possess:
• Strong desire to provide exceptional customer support efficiently with a high focus on first call resolution
• Strong attention to detail and the ability to grasp concepts quickly and have a thirst for knowledge.
• Ability to use own initiative to resolve problems and to obtain relevant information needed to perform a given task
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.