Function: Cloud Services
Location: Poland, PoznanApply Now
A Documentum Content Server Consultant is responsible for the technical delivery of the Documentum Platform based solutions. Such delivery activities encompass the design, development, deployment, testing and documentation of specific software components - either providing extensions to specific items of core product functionality or implementing specific system integration components. This role has a heavy deployment and administration emphasis, combined with the consultative skills required to promote the impression of quality and excellence actively fostered within the Cloud Service delivery team.
Engagements may vary from managing multiple short and relatively fast paced engagements, to larger projects depending upon levels of experience. The nature of work may include full application lifecycle activities right from development, deployment/provisioning, testing, migration, decommissioning and ongoing run & maintain (upgrades, patching etc.) support of the cloud deployments.
You are great at:
- Participating in the day to day administration of the systems, including Incident & Problem Management.
- Participating in planning and execution of new implementations, upgrades and patching activities.
- Participating in the advanced configuration of Documentum Content server software components, in line with project and customer time scales.
- To co-ordinate project delivery through multiple teams that may include 3rd party suppliers, partners and client resources.
- Actively contributing in automating provisioning, patching and upgrade activities where possible to achieve operational efficiencies.
- Actively using and contributing to the project management standards and quality checks used within OpenText Cloud Service delivery .
- Understanding requirements, conduct detailed design, determine level of effort, plan work breakdown structures and implementation approach.
- Performing code reviews and periodic quality checks to ensure delivery quality is maintained.
- Preparing, maintaining and submitting activity/progress reports and time recording/management reports in accordance with published procedures. Keeping project managers informed of activities and alert of any issues promptly. Providing inputs as part of engagement closure on project learnings and suggest improvements.
- Utilizing exceptional written and verbal communication skills while supporting customers via web, telephone, or email, while demonstrating a high level of customer focus and empathy.
- Responding to and solve customer technical requests, show an understanding of the customer's managed hosted environment and applications within the Open Text cloud enabling resolution of complex technical issues. Document or Implement proposed solutions.
- Responding to and troubleshoot alerts from monitoring of applications, servers and devices sufficient to meet service level agreements.
- Collaborating on cross-team and cross-product technical issues with a variety of resources including Product support, IT, and Professional Services.
What it takes:
- Well versed with deployment, administration and troubleshooting of the Documentum Content Server Suit Platform and surrounding components (Content Server, Brava, OTDS, Xplore, D2 , Webtop). Experience with Cloud deployment of the Documentum Content Suit Platform will be advantage.
- Experience delivering service using ITIL methodology.
- Knowledge of Windows, UNIX, and Application administration skills in a TCP/IP networked environment.
- Experience working with relational DBMS (PostgreSQL/Postgres, Oracle, MS SQL Server, mySQL).
- Familiarity with configuration and management of web/application servers (IIS, Apache, Tomcat, JBoss, etc.).
- Good understanding of object-oriented programming, Web Services, LDAP configuration, and RDBMS concepts.
- BE/B. Tech. or equivalent technical qualification.
- Awareness on virtualization / VMware would be advantage.
- ITIL certification would be considered a great asset.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.