Location: US, CA, PasadenaApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
If you love working in the fast-paced Security space and can mentor and lead top-caliber product management team, then we’re looking for you and you’ll enjoy what we will ask of you. As a Senior Director, PM, in the Security Business Unit, you will join a dynamic and fast-paced team and work cross-functionally to design, build and launch the next generation of cognitive analytics products for today’s Security environments, particularly related to endpoint security as augmented by machine learning and deep forensics capabilities.
Opentext’s enCase is THE most widely deployed production forensics and endpoint detection and remediation platform globally. Law-enforcement agencies and security consulting firms world-over have trusted enCase, whether in catching famous criminals (e.g. Peterson) or in investigating breaches and remediating them. This is an opportunity for a passionate, driven PM to feel like the CEO of a cutting-edge business and be rewarded for the success of its new offerings!
You are great at:
• Having (or acquiring) a deep understanding of the Security market, staying current with buying and competitive trends, identifying and defining requirements to fill product gaps
• Evangelizing and creating buy-in from internal and external stakeholders for product vision
• Translating product strategy into detailed prototypes and stories for agile development
• Working with Marketing to develop product pricing and packaging strategies
• Collaborating with Sales and PS to ensure feedback into product roadmap and customer satisfaction
• Working closely with engineering to plan sprints and deliver short TTM products of high quality
• Evangelizing product to customers, field and industry analysts to build awareness and mindshare
• Running customer and field advisory boards, presenting to C-level executives
What it takes:
• MS/BS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred
• Experience building and/or managing team of product managers and mentoring them Demonstrable Product Management experience with multiple product launches under the belt
• Experience with portfolio analysis and management of product lines with multiple products at varying stages of lifecycle
• Understanding of agile product management and engineering practices and a willingness to roll up the sleeves and do what it takes to define product functionality well
• Knowledge of EPP, EDR technologies and landscape
• Work experience at one of the vendors in the Gartner EPP or EDR MQ a big plus
• Technical familiarity with modern Big Data and machine learning techniques (e.g. Spark, MLLib, Deep Learning, Tensorflo) would be very useful
• Strong presentation, excellent written and verbal communication skills are a MUST!
• Collaborative mindset and ability to work with distributed, cross-functional teams
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act