Location: US, CA, PasadenaApply Now
Opentext’s EnCase is the most widely deployed Forensic and EDR (Endpoint Detection and Response) platform in the world. Law enforcement organizations, government agencies, and corporate enterprises have trusted EnCase to detect and remediate security breaches, collect and analyze digital evidence, and perform eDiscovery.
The Software Development Manager in Test is a technical leader and mentor to a team of 5-10 software and QA engineers working, across EnCase products to build validation frameworks and technologies. We are looking for an enthusiastic and hands-on leader with strong experience in test automation for desktop and web applications, quality measurement, and Agile methodologies. This manager will direct the work of software and test engineers to establish validation standards and working technology that assure successful product releases. He or she will manage staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs and provide technical and professional mentorship.
You are great at:
• Acting as a true first-level manager to ensure successful delivery of projects with little supervision, monitoring adherence to established development process
• Building test automation at scale that increases test coverage while also compressing testing time
• Creating repeatable and measurable process for product validation
• Utilize agile development methodology to successfully lead the team to meet milestones and timelines
• Effectively collaborate with Product Owner and Scrum Master to maintain alignment between workloads, client commitments and product vision
• Act as mentor for staff with a focus on guiding them toward improving the way they work while maintaining a consistent enforcement of organizational policies consistent with other R&D teams
• Track and communicate team status, challenges, and wellbeing to upper management.
• Work with other managers to identify and resolve personnel issues and organizational dependencies, remove impediments, help with team conflicts and resource allocation
• Serve as single point of contact for team communication, including project status, major milestones, customer issues, release schedule and pertinent changes
• Full authority for personnel actions
What it takes:
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent
• 7+ years in software quality assurance, preferably in a leadership role
• In-depth knowledge of test automation tools (such as Selenium, FitNesse), continuous integration (CI), and automated pipelines
• Proficient at programming or scripting languages (such as Python, PowerShell, Java)
• Object-oriented programming, C, C++, storage and system programming
• Superior analytical and problem-solving abilities; broad intellectual capacity to take on difficult technical issues, which at times include negotiation among several teams
• Demonstrated ability to get things done and make things happen by being resourceful, building rapport, and seizing opportunities
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills; ability to provide clear guidance and instruction to others
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, including resolving conflicts with competing priorities and tasks
• Ability to understand technical issues at a sufficiently deep level to identify gaps and propose solutions
• Experience and/or certifications on cyber security products
• Experience as a Scrum Master or Product Owner a plus
• Experience with Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence) a plus
• Strong web/SaaS experience, understanding of Java and C++/C#, and working knowledge of network topology
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act.