Location: US, CA, San MateoApply Now
Reporting to the Vice President of Strategic Development, the Director of Market Development (Security) works to improve OpenText Information Security market position and drive organic growth across OpenText information security and digital investigation solutions. This position is highly focused on identifying and operationalizing whitespace and growth opportunities within the market, while simultaneously working across the OpenText organization to drive and maintain strategic alignment with the needs of prospects and customers.
The Director will collaborate with product marketing, product management, professional services, and other business stakeholders to ensure the whole product offering is aligned and focused on revenue generation, drive the development of sales plays, and serve as a security subject matter expert interacting with prospects, customers, industry analysts and others.
• Engage in market development activities, holding accountability for revenue targets, organic growth, and market deployment of existing or new OpenText security and digital investigation technology. This includes engaging with partners, third party technologies, and supporting industry events and activities.
• Collaborate with product, corporate, and industry marketing to develop, drive, and report on sales plays aligned with revenue opportunity and strategic direction
• In concert with senior leadership, bring life to an expansive vision for information security, widening the funnel for customer acquisition worldwide.
• Develop a market development plan aligned with 3-5-year strategic market/product, sector, and regional growth plans.
• Identify, scope and drive market development projects and initiatives partnering with cross-functional leaders across the organization to establish execution plans and objectives
• Keep current on market trends and provide data-driven market intelligence to identify and develop new revenue opportunities and business models that establish OpenText as a market-leading innovator, while attracting new customers and supporters to the organization’s work.
• Create effective selling and go-to-market processes; drive process changes to better scale the businesses.
• Identify, research, and prospect the OpenText customer base to discover new business opportunities
• Collect and leverage data from numerous sources to solve strategic, tactical, structured, and unstructured business problems
• Create presentations that craft a story and effectively communicate information, leveraging PowerPoint to create compelling and visually appealing content
• Align product marketing, corporate marketing, product management, professional services and other stakeholders with market requirements and sales objectives
• Inspiring, leading and collaborating
You are great at:
• Building and presenting business plans
• Effectively communicating nuanced strategies and complex subjects
• Problem solving
• Critical and creative thinking
• Operating through change
• Deriving insights from data
What it takes:
• 10+ years of experience in the enterprise software industry
• Working knowledge of the enterprise information security market
• High level of professionalism – ability to closely interact with senior leaders
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
• Self-motivated, autonomous and project leader
• Ability to work towards results in cross departmental teams
• Positive and can-do attitude
Location is not limited to the Bay Area.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act