Location: Canada, ON, OttawaApply Now
OpenText is seeking a talented and experienced individual to contribute as a Lead Localization Developer within the Engineering department’s Localization team. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to work with experienced localization professionals and participate in cross functional teams that include Product Management, Software Development, Quality Assurance, Documentation, and external translation vendors as primary participants.
Localization Developers are involved throughout the product life cycle and participate in the end-to-end delivery of our localized products. You will gain valuable experience in a highly dynamic and professional software development environment, while being encouraged to provide innovation toward our ongoing success.
You are great at:
• Managing localization projects from beginning to end, working closely with internal R&D stakeholders, external vendors, and other departments.
• Developing project plans and workflows, managing time, budget, resources and quality control.
• Creating and controlling localization project budgets, performing cost tracking analysis, and ensuring timely issuance of purchase orders and invoices.
• Analyzing localization project risk, and defining mitigation plans accordingly.
• Preparing translation projects, managing Translation Memory assets, and producing target output for product implementation.
• Identifying and solving localization issues or disagreements, whether system or product, defining causes and performing corrective/preventative action.
• Directing team’s deliveries to timelines and product quality, including responsiveness and professionalism toward all affected stakeholders.
• Developing new and entry level team members through training and coaching opportunities and by creating methodologies, tools, and checklists to improve the localization process.
What it takes:
• Expert level knowledge of internationalization and localization best practices
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience directly related to project management within the software localization industry
• Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
• Advanced organizational and leadership skills
• Proven abilities in project planning, resource and risk management
• Strong team player, self-starter, and pro-active
• Commitment to continually expanding knowledge and education in localization trends and news in order to actively contribute toward the evolution of our overall strategy.
Desired: Fluency in a non-English language
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.