Location: US, Virtual - EasternApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
As part of the Open Text Sales Team you will work closely together with the team of Account Executives, Solution/Business Consultants, Services Consultants and Strategic Partners throughout the sales cycle. The ECM Solutions Consultant will provide technical and functional solution leadership to the Sales Team in the analysis of complex customer content and information requirements and design of custom ECM solutions based upon the whole Open Text product and solution portfolio.
The ECM SC acts as a content management pre-sales consultant and solution architect for your customers, which will require coordination of both pre-sales activities around definition of the requirements as well as post-sales transition and participation in large projects and deployment of the proposed solution.
You are great at:
• Preparing product and solutions presentations involving a combination of technologies
• Delivering solutions and value presentations to a mixed audience of technical, operations, and management staff
• Roadmap presentations on product direction and industry trends
• Answering technical and functional RFI/RFPs and other client requests for written responses
• Brainstorming sessions with clients on using various Open Text technologies in combination with industry solutions to solve real-world problems.
• Working closely with Account Executives to clearly communicate and sell the value of Open Text’s solutions offerings to clients and prospects.
• Developing technical and value-based demonstrations specific to customer inquiries.
• Responding to and managing the RFP and RFI process by documenting the solution technical details and overall architecture.
• Organizing and conducting Proof of Concept evaluations and Pilot projects.
• Assisting Account Executives in relationship management, sales strategy and tactics, and technical sales information/tools development.
• Interacting with sales, services and partners to create and finalize solution offerings and initial Project delivery plans.
• Representing Open Text at industry trade shows and sessions.
You will participate in sales account planning and sales strategy development with Account Executives and Program Managers. Furthermore you will serve as the company liaison on specific technical projects with customers.
What it takes:
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in a technical role, preferably pre-sales.
• A solid grasp of web-based technology and knowledge of software industry relating to all aspects of ECM solutions
• Ability to interact comfortably with technical resources and respond confidently to technical questions
• A strong presence, business savvy, and exceptional presentation skills are a must as well as executive level presentation and written communication skills.
• Excellent solution selling and value based selling approach.
• Enterprise Content Management experience is preferred, as well as the following areas of technical knowledge:
• Unix, Windows, and VMWare virtualized platforms
• Java Application Servers (BEA Weblogic, IBM WebSphere, Apache Tomcat)
• Relational Databases such as Oracle, DB2, and SQL Server
• Experience with enterprise content management systems helpful – OpenText Content Server, IBM Filenet, EMC Documentum, HP Autonomy, IBM Content Manager, etc.
• Familiarity with Cloud computing strategies and issues
• Ability to work as part of a dynamic team.
• Ability to travel as required.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act