Location: Germany, MunichApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for managing concurrent challenging projects and is responsible for timely delivery of quality project outputs while performing appropriate scope management. She/he is responsible for managing the overall timeline for the project, managing issues and risks, and communicating project status to project sponsors and upper management.
Beside the project related work, the Senior Project Manager carries the responsibility for the maintenance of opportunity pipeline and the development of winning proposals and quotes for Professional Services projects.
This position requires strong leadership, excellent communication, and hands-on- project management skills. The Senior Project Manager must also be proficient in motivating and leading others, through vision, strategic positioning, and leadership characteristics.
The Senior Project Manager provides a single point of contact for projects and takes projects from the conception through final implementation. She/he facilitates definition of project scope and objectives with a team. Oversees/coordinates all aspects of projects, plans and directs schedules as well as project budgets. She/he will provide agile mentoring and coaching for the team to develop an iterative, continuous approach to feature delivery and team workflow.
You are great at:
• Getting people excited about a vision and new ideas.
• Developing detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, budgets, and status reports.
• Conducting project meetings and is responsible for project deliverables.
• Managing the integration of vendor tasks, and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables.
• Recommending and taking action to direct the analysis of, and solution to problems.
• Providing visibility to team impediments/risks and helps eliminate them
• Breaking projects into measurable milestones
• Participating and contributing to analysis, design, planning, processes, etc.
• Raising issues where needed and creating sensitivity towards timely identification & resolution of problems.
• Helping team to achieve project goals while partnering with the Product Manager on overall business goals.
• Planning and performing status checks and ensuring Quality gates are reinforced
• Facilitating planning, daily stand-ups and retrospectives
• Assisting in developing new service opportunities
• Gathering service requirements and create Statement of Work
What it takes:
• Minimum 5 years of experience in Project Management of software implementation.
• Experience in the field of Enterprise Information Management (EIM) and/or Enterprise Content Management (ECM) is advantageous.
• Certification in Project Management such as PMP
• Project management of several concurrent projects for commercial operations, security and service management.
• Very strong problem solving and analytical skills including an eye for quality.
• Good track record of delivering successful projects.
• Ability to organize, define, plan and create a winning team environment for successful work results.
• Effective facilitation skills for participatory decision-making.
• Prior experience in working with virtual teams spread over globally.
• Managing the time zone & cultural constraints effectively.
Bei OpenText verstehen und wertschätzen wir die Vielfalt in unseren Mitarbeitern und sind stolz darauf, ein Chancengleicher Arbeitgeber zu sein.