Location: Germany, MunichApply Now
The Bid Manager within the Proposals team is a member of a small, but highly visible team responsible for supporting the management, preparation and creation of proposals to support OpenText sales opportunities. In this blended role, you are responsible for managing a bid or proposal opportunity from qualification to contract award, including early and ongoing strategy development, legal review, solution development, winning price development, partner identification, risk management, stakeholder management and where appropriate management of the customer procurement team relationship for the bid.
You are great at:
Strategic and Management Responsibilities include:
• Contribute to an environment of professionalism, teamwork, personal accountability, enthusiasm, and the smooth functioning of the team process
• Advise management on proposal matters
• Ensure that all proposals reflect proposal best practices
Tactical Responsibilities include:
• Facilitate bid-no bid calls
• Establish viable proposal work plans that separate proposal into component parts, and assign to direct and virtual team members for completion; chair routine status calls
• Reassemble completed component parts into a complete response document.
• Perform writing and editing duties to ensure that the proposal response is compliant, clear, coherent, consistent, flows logically, has marketing impact, and is error-free;
• Writing, edit, and/or advise on the creation of cover letters, executive summaries, and other key parts of proposals;
• Effectively utilize the proposal automation tool;
• Enforce approved style guidelines;
• Perform and/or manage all activities related to the physical assembly, production, and delivery of the RFP response or proposal to the final recipient on time and in the proper format(s);
• Facilitate proposal reviews
• Train sales force on proposal topics, as assigned
• Conduct win-loss reviews
• Develop and maintain competency in marketing messaging and product knowledge, as required
• Manage and maintain the proposal team infrastructure, as requested and assigned, including, but not limited to:
o Register and track proposals and RFP through the entire response lifecycle;
o Assist in maintain Proposal Dashboard
o Maintain and improve technical competency in proposal tools
o Archive proposals upon completion
o Other tasks as assigned
What it takes:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, or equivalent;
• Direct proposal management experience in the enterprise software or high-tech industry is preferred
• Native fluency in German / fluency in English language required, both written and oral
• Experience with a mainstream proposal automation tool is a plus.
• One to three years in a similar role in a fast-paced, high volume proposal environment
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Acrobat, one or more popular graphics applications, collaboration software, and search tools
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team; ability to adhere to strict deadline
• Familiarity with information technology concepts and industry standards
Do you have any questions? Please contact our Senior Talent Acquisition Advisor, Cara Fouché who will be delighted to answer any of your questions: email@example.com.
Are you interested in applying? Please apply on our Online-Career Page. Please note that due to data protection reasons, we are unfortunately unable to accept any E-Mail applications.
What we offer:
We provide you a dynamic, international environment with a solid and provable success story! At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We offer a wide variety of group benefits to our employees, e.g. meal benefits (canteen card or daily food vouchers), pension fund (Unterstützungskasse), Group Direct Insurance, Fitness & Wellness Reimbursement, free of charge underground parking, good access to the public transport network, Business Travel Insurance, Educational Assistance & Professional Memberships support, fun and sports events and many other advantages!
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.