Location: Canada, QC, MontrealApply Now
The Senior Manager, Cyber Security Operations, leads, guides and directs the daily activities of a highly technical staff of security engineers, analysts, and leads. This position also has global responsibility for our 24x7 Security Operations Center (SOC), Security Incident Response, and daily security tasks and support that also includes threat hunting. This role also requires knowledge and experience in monitoring and securing cloud environments.
You are great at:
• Working in a fast paced and changing environment while handling multiple tasks and directives.
• Directing and overseeing a 24x7 SOC and other security teams that detect, respond, thwart attacks, and develop new ways of addressing threats in real-time.
• Developing, maturing, and expanding SME skillsets for handling security incidents.
• Driving Security Incident Management and Incident and Breach Response process maturity.
• Directing and expanding Threat Hunting capabilities and skillset.
• Establishing metrics and reports in support of demonstrating the effectiveness of our operational security services.
• Overseeing the development of security policies and procedures (Playbooks, Run Books, processes, procedures, etc.)
• Coaching and mentoring technical teams. Reporting on team performance.
• Prioritization the execution of the daily activities of the Security Operations team resources to consistently meet performance standards.
What it takes:
Skills and Attributes
• Hands-on in the trenches experience leading large highly technical teams.
• Proven experience in developing, overseeing, and providing direction to 24x7 SOCs.
• Experienced in moving from manual procedures to security orchestration methods.
• Thorough understanding and practice of security incident and breach response processes.
• Experience with security tools and monitoring technologies including SIEM technology, design, deployment, operation, and continuous improvement.
• Knowledge and experience in monitoring and securing cloud environments.
• Experience with forensics and vulnerability management.
• Experienced in threat hunting and developing threat hunting programs.
• Must be able to work in a fast paced and changing environment while handling multiple tasks, priorities, and directives. Capable of working under pressure.
• Strong people management skills across a large team of security SMEs and Leads.
• Strong written and communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to effectively relate security-related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Security, or other relevant discipline.
• 7+ years in a tactical Information Security management role with deep experience in security engineering and security operations.
• Minimum 5 years experience working in and managing a 24x7 Security Operations Center and security incident management and response.
• Experienced in Threat Hunting and vulnerability management.
• Experienced in developing and maturing security programs.
• CISSP, CISA, CISM, or other certifications preferred.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.