Location: Canada, QC, MontrealApply Now
The Project Manager in the Artificial Intelligence + Legal Technologies + Cyber Security Consulting Practice is a key contributor to the achievement of department goals and initiatives. The primary responsibility of the Project Manager is to successfully manage the delivery of customer engagements utilizing a variety of OpenText software products and resources. The Project Manager will be responsible for managing delivery teams composed of both onsite and virtual resources, including offshore. The Project Manager drives the success of each project to ensure customer satisfaction, establishes a solid working relationship and builds on that foundation to develop future engagements. The Project Manager will be tasked with fulfilling a key advisory role to the Director of Professional Services. In addition, the successful candidate will have the ability to work in a cross-department manner.
You are great at:
• Executing Project Management tasks associated with assigned Client engagements including, but not limited to, forecasting of booked revenue, tracking project financials, developing project plans, managing risks, managing project scope, and issue resolution.
• Working with the Professional Services Resource Manager and other Project Managers to establish project resource needs and coordinating project resources on a weekly basis.
• Working as an informal team with the other project managers within the Professional Services business unit and PMO to collaborate on lessons learned and drive organizational standards
• Managing multiple projects simultaneously.
• Set and continually manage project expectations with team member and other stakeholders
• Managing projects so that they are delivered on time, on budget, and within identified scope
• Address issues & escalations appropriately.
• Support Professional Services Directors by providing input for Statements of Work and Change Orders, including scope definition, effort estimation and project plans.
• Lead RFx responses for our Practice.
• Providing internal project progress and status updates to the PMO and Professional Services Directors as required.
• Identifying and tracking new opportunities within accounts including the participation in Business Development synergy meetings to ensure client account activities are communicated internally to other Open Text stakeholders.
• Assisting in the creation of presentation materials including public forum presentations and internal presentations particularly for executive consumption.
• Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
• Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
• Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
• Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout the project life cycle.
• Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
What it takes:
• 4+ years’ experience in project management, ideally in a professional services environment managing a wide variety of projects from small to large size in scope.
• PMP Certification (or equivalent) required – this role is suited to someone who understands formal project management methodology from Initiation to Close.
• Must have experience in managing projects in an Agile, Waterfall or Hybrid Model. Scrum Master certifications an asset
• Detail oriented
• Strong interpersonal, verbal, presentation, and writing skills
• Extremely strong Microsoft Project, MS Office capabilities
• History of on time, on budget, project delivery with minimal escalations
• Experience with Ai/Analytics or Legal Technologies or Security products is an asset
• Up to 40% travel may be required
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.