Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
The Senior Security Engineer will fully understand a wide array of security processes and concepts. The Security Engineer will provide extensive security support functions for the Open Text Commercial and Corporate infrastructure for internal and external customers. This is a hands-on role that will require detailed knowledge of security concepts, security services, and common security issues. The role will focus on leading efforts on behalf of the Global Information Security (GIS) team and completing tasks in conjunction with the GIS Team’s activities and projects.
You are great at:
• Daily Operational work al that includes security monitoring, working security tickets, security and data/logs analysis, forensic analysis, host configuration audits, vulnerability scans, FW rule reviews, and other security tasks.
• Providing support, for access gateways and privileged access needs (Citrix, Unix, SUDO, other); firewall reporting and auditing.
• Participating in Security Incident response investigation requests.
• Conducting security reviews, risk analysis, and controls reviews in adherence to security policy
• Integrating SIEM technology and processes into daily security operations
• Supporting and leading AV and Endpoint technology and deployments
• Supporting procedural and technical security controls for global regulatory frameworks applicable to our business. Auditing support and artifact documentation for ISO27001, PCI, SOC1 & SCO2 audit frameworks.
What it takes:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or Systems Engineering or equivalent experience preferred.
• 5+ years in Information systems support, security engineering, or risk and governance
• Scripting or programming background – Python, Ruby or Perl
• Familiarity with commonly used information security concepts, best practices and standard procedures
• Must be able to evaluate and apply concepts of risk management and prioritization to security issues
• Extensive knowledge of computer security architectures and protocols, including firewalls, DMZs, remote access/VPN, wireless LANs, penetration testing, intrusion detection, web security, host-based security for Windows & UNIX computer server environments.
• Experience in analyzing and synthesizing information with other relevant data sources, providing guidance to analysts and operators, evaluating, interpreting, and integrating all sources of information, and fusing computer network attack analyses with available threat feed data.
• Must have expertise and experience in security operational services: Unified Threat Management (IDS/IPS Web filtering, etc.) Anti-Virus, SIEM, DDOS/DOS, Threat and Vulnerability Management, Identity Access Management Security Event Management, Cyber investigations, and Cyber security forensic investigations.
• Should be amenable to work night shift MNL time.
• Understanding of PCI-DSS, ISO27001, NIST, COBIT, SOC 1 (SSAE 16) and SOC 2 and information security requirements
• Resourceful in knowing how to research problems and find information or documentation on related topics
• CISSP, CISA, CISM, or ISSMP certifications preferred
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.