Location: Philippines, Makati CityApply Now
The mission of Internal Audit is to contribute to the ongoing effectiveness of OpenText Corporation (the "Company") in the accomplishment of its mission and vision. In particular, Internal Audit provides independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the Company's operations and systems of internal controls. Internal Audit provides Management and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors with an evaluation of the internal controls of the Company. Internal Audit activities will meet or exceed the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing of the Institute of Internal Auditors.
You are great at:
• Performing risk assessment interviews with management on an engagement basis. Translating high priority risks into actionable audit programs.
• Leading specific audits of SOX technical, financial, operational, and regulatory audits, including planning individual audits, performing tests and reporting.
• Supervising or reviewing tests prepared by analysts/auditors assigned to the team.
• Managing engagement performance in accordance with predefined deadlines, reporting progress via the weekly project plan
• Planning, performing and reporting the audit engagement with minimum guidance from audit management.
• Independently develop tests for the most complex internal audit assignments
• Performing and documenting tests, and for less complex tests, must be able to review tests.
• Full scope responsibility for delivery of a complete SOX or Internal audit unit (e.g. one full business cycle, one full location audit, one full functional department) with the guidance and direction of the Management of Internal Audit.
• Assisting managers in assessment of requirements for staff and making recommendations for sourcing of audit resources, monitoring and supervision.
• Assisting managers in their objectives to interact with management to inform them and obtain their support for the SOX Compliance Program and IA objectives.
• Leading the Audit from the introductory to closing meeting. Ensuring management is kept abreast of audit activities/findings, presenting audit results and recommended actions to management, and determining if appropriate and timely action is being taken for all significant items reported.
• Scoping, identifying risks and recommending design of controls / processes.
• Preparing audit reports and preparing and reviewing working papers that support opinions and recommendations to improve process, system and control deficiencies.
• Ability to project manage internal audit and compliance projects from planning, initiation, execution and close.
What it takes:
• Internal Audit experience as an IT Auditor (ideally 5+ years)
• Information Technology functional experience (ideally 3+ years) an asset
• Experience using audit tools such as ACL or electronic workpaper software and Query language
• Industry experience in data processing intensive operations - such as telecom, technology or financial institutions.
• Accounting and technical designation such as CPA, CISA, CIA, CRISC, CISM (requirement for specific designation may be waived with experience at entry into this position)
• Generally Requires University Degree
• Good familiarity with the COBIT and COSO control framework
• Demonstrated knowledge of Project Management, GAAP, and SOX internal control and disclosure requirements
• Previous SOX experience preferred
• Strong Report writing skills
• Strong communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills are essential
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Works with sense of urgency and efficiency, strong orientation towards integrity
• Developing supervisory or managerial skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality surrounding items of a confidential/ sensitive nature
• Proficient in using data analytics audit software and application systems (e.g., ACL, Excel, SQL )
• Familiarity with IT security tools and techniques, auditing data intensive environments.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.