Location: Philippines, Makati CityApply Now
You're reporting to the Director of Facilities, this role will focus on providing onsite support on any matters pertaining with safety and health policy and procedures and has oversight of personnel safety and health within the organization.
You are great at:
• You will direct any matters pertaining with safety and health policy and procedures and has oversight of personnel safety and health within the organization.
• You will inspect equipment, environment, and building to identify areas that can potentially cause health and safety hazards.
• You will eliminate and control hazardous conditions resulting from human error, equipment and machine operations that may lead to human injury and/or property damage.
• You will advise on structural safety requirements based on failure mode analysis of such factors as fatigue, stability, stress, concentration and creep; developing and applying methods for the safe installation of storage and piping systems for compressed gases; designing protective equipment or safety devices for machines and redesign machines and plant equipment to eliminate occupational hazards; and/or review proposed occupational safety policies, guidelines and standards to determine their consistency with accepted engineering principles and practices and recommend technical changes as needed.
• You will apply knowledge of psychological and physiological factors to assist in the design of safety features and controls, compensating for the possibility of human errors in the operation of machinery and equipment.
• You will participate as a member in the Safety and Health Committee and perform other safety and health functions as directed.
What it takes:
• Must be a graduate of any engineering course
• At least 2-3 years experience in the related field.
• With knowledge in potential hazardous materials or practices.
• With experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety is required
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.