Location: Philippines, Makati CityApply Now
Within the Opentext corporate environment, the network engineer will be a member of a greater networking team responsible for the global enterprise network and all facets that make up a typical WAN/LAN enterprise environment.
You are great at:
The network engineer will be responsible for implementations and operational maintenance and support of various technologies and products as typical of an enterprise global environment; these technologies include but not limited to the following:
• Load Balancing
• Wireless Access
• Access Control
• Various circuit types (ie: PtP, MPLS, Internet, SDWAN …)
The network engineer is expected to be responsive to direct assignments, monitoring alerts, automated tickets and escalations.
What it takes:
• General networking knowledge as relates to the OSI model, SNMP, Syslog, AAA, IP Super/sub netting, DHCP, NTP, QOS, NetFlow, line coding, clocking, bandwidth, framing and encapsulation.
• Cisco routers and routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, static and connected and associated inter-operability.
• Cisco switches and switching technologies such as VTP, VLANs, STP,
• Cisco Wireless technologies such as CWLC, APs, 802.11 protocol, coverage and interference concepts.
• Load Balancing and Wan Optimizers such as F5 and Riverbed and related concepts.
• Cisco networking as it ties into Cisco security, voice and video components.
• Candidate should be familiar with ITIL methodology and change management.
• Candidate should exhibit ability to work independently, think and act responsibly and display good work ethics.
• Candidate should be able to demonstrate organizational and attention to detail skills.
• Candidate must have at least 3 years’ experience.
• Candidate experience should be within a medium to large enterprise.
• Candidate experience should have been broad and covering multiple disciplines within the networking field.
• Candidate is preferred to have worked within a global team in his prior role.
• Candidate should be experienced in developing technical documentation with diagrams.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.