Location: Philippines, Makati CityApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
Within the Opentext corporate environment, the network engineer will be a member of a greater networking team responsible for the global enterprise network and all facets that make up a typical WAN/LAN enterprise environment.
You are great at:
• Responsible for implementing, operationally maintaining and supporting various technologies and products as typical of an enterprise global environment; these technologies include but not limited to the following: routing, switching, load Balancing, wireless access, access control monitoring and various circuit types (ie: PtP, MPLS, Internet, SDWAN …).
• The network engineer is expected to be responsive to direct assignments, monitoring alerts, automated tickets and escalations.
What it takes:
• Successfully completed a bachelor’s degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering, Computers Science or other related and relevant technology or networking field.
• At least 3 years’ experience.
• General networking knowledge as relates to the OSI model, SNMP, Syslog, AAA, IP Super/sub netting, DHCP, NTP, QOS, NetFlow, line coding, clocking, bandwidth, framing and encapsulation.
• Cisco routers and routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, static and connected and associated inter-operability.
• Cisco switches and switching technologies such as VTP, VLANs, STP, Core/Dist/Access, Spine/Leaf.
• Cisco Wireless technologies such as CWLC, APs, 802.11 protocol, coverage and interference concepts.
• Load Balancing and Wan Optimizers such as F5 and Riverbed and related concepts.
• Cisco networking as it ties into Cisco security, voice and video components.
• Familiarity with ITIL methodology and change management.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.