Location: US, KY, LexingtonApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
We are looking for talented, experienced software automation engineers to join and lead the OpenText Exstream Development organization. In this role you will be responsible for creating solutions that allow fully automated testing of any new development for Exstream products, automating any manual processes to improve the efficiency of the development lifecycle, and constantly maintaining and enhancing existing solutions to improve performance and throughput at the scale of tens of thousands of tests running daily. If you enjoy automation, creating solutions that make others’ jobs easier, solving difficult technical problems, and working in a truly agile environment, this position could be a good fit for you.
You are great at:
• Designing solutions to automate manual processes and enhance developer productivity;
• Designing testing solutions to enable fully automated tests for new enhancements spanning multiple technology stacks;
• Maintaining existing extensive automated testing solutions;
• Working within a scrum team to collaboratively plan, design, implement, and review solutions in an iterative fashion;
• Communicating with external teams about automation needs and solutions;
• Helping ship software on a regular cadence by ensuring automation systems are high available, deterministic, and that failures are addressed in a timely manner so software can be shipped at any time.
What it takes:
• Computer Science or related Bachelor’s Degree;
• Strong proficiency in at least one common development language (C/C++, Java, .Net, Python);
• Experience with test automation;
• Excellent communication skills;
• Works well with others;
• Passion for technology;
• Flexible and adaptable;
• Willing to work on the highest priority work regardless of technology or framework.
• Extensive Python experience strongly preferred;
• Experience with any of the following technologies and/or frameworks:
o Knowledge of Windows Message Handling and Mapping;
o VMWare and vCloud;
• Experience with multiple Operating Systems (Unix, Z/OS, Windows, AIX, HPUX);
• Experience with multiple DBMSs (SQL Server, Postgres, Oracle, DB2);
• Experience with scrum.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act