Location: US, KY, LexingtonApply Now
OpenText Exstream is a vibrant software development organization that provides a multichannel customer communication management (CCM) solution that is proven to improve the customer experience and make customer interactions more profitable. It allows business users to create the communications for connected customer journeys using the delivery formats and channels customers prefer – including email, web and mobile.
We are looking for a talented, experienced software engineer to join the OpenText Exstream Development organization. In this role you will be responsible for working with the build team in creating solutions that enhance our continuous integration and build solutions for existing and new Exstream products, automating any manual processes to improve the efficiency of the development lifecycle, and constantly maintaining and enhancing existing solutions to improve performance and throughput. If you enjoy continuous integration and build, creating solutions that make others’ jobs easier, solving difficult technical problems, and working in a truly agile environment, this position could be a good fit for you.
You are great at:
• Designing new continuous integration solutions for new products;
• Enhancing and maintaining existing continuous integration for existing products;
• Standardizing disparate continuous integration solutions as needed;
• Discovering, evaluating, and implementing new build technologies to ensure our development operations stay cutting edge and efficient;
• Working within an agile team to collaboratively plan, design, implement, and review solutions in an iterative fashion;
• Providing technical leadership and decision making to help populate and refine the build team’s product backlog;
• Communicating with external teams about build needs and solutions;
• Helping ship software on a regular cadence by ensuring build systems are high available and responsive.
What it takes:
• Computer Science or related Bachelor’s Degree;
• Strong proficiency in at least one common development language (C/C++, Java, .Net, Python);
• 5-8 years’ experience as a developer and at least 3 years’ experience with continuous integration;
• Extensive experience with version control software, preferably git or SVN;
• Extensive experience with continuous integration and some or all of the following tools/languages:
• Excellent communication skills;
• Works well with others;
• Passion for technology;
• Flexible and adaptable;
• Willing to work on the highest priority work regardless of technology or framework.
• Experience with any of the following technologies and/or frameworks:
o VMWare and vCloud;
• Experience with multiple Operating Systems (Linux, Z/OS, Windows, AIX, HPUX);
• Experience with multiple DBMSs (SQL Server, Postgres, Oracle, DB2);
• Experience with scrum and/or Kanban development models.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act