Location: US, KY, LexingtonApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
The person/role will be responsible for providing input to product features, functions and design of the OpenText Customer Communications Management (CCM) products and applications. OpenText is ranked by leading analyst firms, as a year over year leader in the CCM market, and large Enterprises all around the world are using our CCM solutions. As a Senior Product Manager at OpenText you own the product roadmap definition and product backlog for your specific product area, which includes close collaboration with Engineering to ensure the right requirements are implemented, and close collaboration with customers and partners to define the right requirements for the Market. S/he is responsible for on time product delivery while ensuring that overarching product goals are met, including documentation. Emphasis is also placed on roll-out activities such as Pre-sales, Global Services, Learning Services, the Support organization, and key partners, in order to produce the repeatable services and business content required to successfully deploy new releases of our software. S/he is responsible for the delivery of technical training where required to Learning Services, Global Services, and the Support Organization. S/he is will be the main advocate for the products through Marketing activities and analyst relations by providing domain knowledge.
You are great at:
• Collecting and prioritizing product requirements (from customers, competitors, partners, and industry analysts, Sales, Business Development, Global Services, Customer Services, R&D and Program Managers).
• Synthesizing and prioritizing across customers’ wants and needs, balancing them with company strategy and capabilities to define the product roadmap.
• Assisting Product Marketing Managers to execute 'go to market' plans including packaging, pricing, collateral events and lead-generation programs.
• Maintaining day to day contact with the software development group to refine and revise Product Specifications and implementation details, based on an agile/iterative development process; encouraging the team to innovate within the boundaries of market segments, personas, goals, and problems to solve.
• Working with key customers to acquire and respond to product feedback for future product releases, and communicate roadmap details.
• Enabling the pre-sales organization to handle sales support activities including product demonstrations, proof of concept development, presentations.
• Supporting Sales/Customer Services/Global Services in regards to critical escalations.
What it takes:
• 10+ years’ experience in defining and managing core products or business applications, either through product management or equivalent activities
• Strong knowledge in CCM products and applications domain knowledge
• Practical knowledge of agile/iterative development process (optional, but advantageous)
• Entrepreneurial and self-motivated, business oriented
• Strong leadership skills
• Goal driven; plans and manages toward achieving goals, anticipates problems and issues and proactively drives their resolution
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills across all levels
• Experience in working in an international environment involving multiple development sites on various time zones
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent level
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act