Location: US, NY, LathamApply Now
The Software Technical Consultant works as a Cloud Services - Active Products team member on for-fee product implementations, upgrades, or integration projects. Expertise and work efforts are entirely focused on proprietary software products.
Duties may be performed remotely or at the customer's site. Candidate should be able to operate with minimal supervision on projects of varying size involving potentially multiple products on multiple platforms. Deliver superior technical services for Professional Services implementations in accordance with OpenText and Customers’ expectations and existing agreements.
Candidate should have business analysis and technical skill sets. This role is responsible for working with the business/user community in gathering comprehensive business requirements and translating these into software solutions throughout the entire life cycle of software development and implementation.
You are great at:
Develop functional hierarchy diagrams and process models to document user functions and workflow
· Document existing and future business processes and requirements using a variety of tools
· Identify information system enhancements that will improve business processes and support future business needs.
· Recommend strategies for development and implementation of software solutions.
· Prepare UML use cases and other diagrams to specify in detail the business and functional processes of a new application or enhancement.
· Participates in the review of detailed technical designs.
Ensures that the business requirements defined in the Requirements phase of the project satisfy Customer expectations.
· Participates in unit testing to verify the system functions properly and satisfies the business requirements.
Assists in the preparation of project plans outlining expected tasks and activities
· Provides support to the Solution Center and End Users for questions and issues that arise after the system is in production status.
What it takes:
Bachelor Degree in computer field or equivalent experience
Possess 2+ years experience in consulting role with ability to:
· Understand and apply software development life cycle methodologies
· Possess experience and the understanding of different types of EDI formats, such as XML, ANSI x 12, and Flat File Layout
· Demonstrate good communication and documentation skills through clearly written, concise and comprehensive documentation
· Possess analytical and creative problem solving skills
· Intermediate business analysis background
· Requirements gathering and consensus building
· Experience writing user- and system-level use cases
· Good technical communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Ability to facilitate requirements meetings with project team and end users
Travel Requirements: Up to 25%
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act