Function: Technical Support
Location: Malaysia, Kuala LumpurApply Now
The Technical Analyst (TA) will provide technical assistance to external customers and other departments via telephone, e-mail, interactive chat, and support portal message board. The Technical Analyst will be responsible for conducting frequent presentations that are essential to their job function. Technical sessions are presented frequently that will align to the EnCase products lines.
You are great at:
• Answering calls and email that align to the EnCase and EnCase Enterprise product sets.
• Troubleshoot EnCase error messages and how-to separate user training session versus legitimate product deficiencies.
• Demonstrate examples of effective customer communications and documentation of issues reported and worked
• Quickly acquire all departmental tools including CRM and bug tracking systems, telephony, and support portal software
• Utilize departmental resources including training videos, knowledge base articles, product documentation, etc.
• Build a virtual lab machine for troubleshooting customer issues
• Evaluating and benchmarking new hardware that can be used for testing new products released by OpenText
• Ensuring all lab equipment meets product specifications
What it takes:
• Computer forensic methodology including investigations processes and legal precedence
• Knowledge of hardware and software write-blocking devices, including, LinEn, WinEn.EXE, and Tableau software and hardware devices.
• Strong knowledge of networking principles, including firewalls, switches and routers, domain administration, and general network topology
• Proficient with two of the following operating systems, in addition to all flavors of Microsoft Windows:
*nix (OSX, BSD, HP-UX, AIX, Solaris)
Linux (various flavors)
• At least 2 years spent in Technical Support role, or in a comparable environment or relevant experience working with customers on complex technical issues
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.