Location: India, HyderabadApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
As a Staff Software Engineer for QA you will utilize superior knowledge and experience to perform highly complex product testing , systems analysis, research, maintenance, troubleshooting and other testing and QA activities. You will also play a key role in the development of work teams by providing others with direction and leadership. You will also be involved in cross-team planning activities such as providing status updates and coordinating activities.
You are great at:
Development and execution of test plans and scripts
• Collaboration with Development teams, managers, leads and Product management
• Ability to lead a small team of skilled testers
• Documenting test results and test reports
• Understanding of web servers/clusters and configuring and deploying web applications
• Automated regression testing
• An understanding of accessing and configuring SQL Server and Oracle Databases
• Creating and deploying VMWare/VMlogix/Vcloud virtual machines
• Experience on UI Automation tools
• Collecting data for generating useful metrics and Utilizing metrics for improving plans , execution and tracking
• Risks management and collaborating with required stakeholders at leadership level on planning, risk mitigation/escalation
• Working on Documentation requirements/reviews
• Test case/plans management tools
• Lead and mentor other team members.
• Collaborate with Product Owner to plan and prioritize tasks for others to support the achievement of team objectives.
• Work across teams and functional roles to ensure interoperability among other products, including training and consultation.
• Provide status updates to stakeholders and escalates issues when necessary.
• Scripting/build technologies – Ant/maven etc.
• Bug tracking tools, workflows
What it takes:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
• 8 to 12 years of testing experience
• Understanding of Web Applications
• J2EE understanding and configuration
• Java-based web technologies understanding and configuration (e.g. WebSphere, WebLogic, Apache)
• Knowledge of JScript and VBScript and Ant/maven
• Automated Regression Testing
• Accessibility / Section 508/web application security
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.