Location: India, HyderabadApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
As a AWS/DevOps Systems Engineer, your mission will be to use cutting edge technology to build and automate a highly efficient, flexible and fault-tolerant AWS infrastructure. You should be highly motivated and talented engineer with a strong desire to learn and grow their skills managing and automating cloud environments. You will be responsible for all aspects of the infrastructure, such as networking, storage, monitoring, capacity planning, load balancing, disaster recovery etc. and work continuously with other DevOps teams.
You are great at:
• Lead, drive and implement highly scalable and complex solutions
• Both systems administration, coding experience, and a strong desire to expand their experience architecting and implementing cloud solutions
• Provide status updates to stakeholders and escalates issues when necessary.
• Proven experience in networking, storage, Windows, Linux
• Understanding of security best practices
• Working independently and collaboratively.
• Designing and communicating custom workflows, run books, and response documents
• Taking on special projects, representing the department in meetings
• Providing scripted solutions to unique scenarios
What it takes:
• CS/Engineering Bachelor degree or 8+ Years of general Systems Administrator experience
• Strong hands-on technical skills including demonstrable coding/scripting skills
• Familiarity interacting with the AWS APIs; experience with networking, properly architecting high availability systems, and security in an AWS context, and such AWS technologies as EC2, RDS, S3/EBS/Glacier, VPC, ELB
• Working with SaltStack, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Monitoring Tools, Docker or similar build automation deployment experience; thorough understanding of configuration management concepts
• Scripting Languages and surrounding tooling (Python, Ruby, Ansible)
• Build Automation and testing (Jenkins, Gradle)
• Deployment and Configuration Management (Saltstack, Ansible, Terraform, CloudFormation, Puppet, Chef, etc.)
• Analysis / statistics tools (Splunk, ELK Stack, Graylog, Logrhythm, Excel, R, Stata, Scipy/Numpy, SQL, etc.)
• Virtualization (Vagrant, Docker, VMware)
• Build and extend monitoring and dashboard solutions (Nagios/Icinga, Splunk) for internal and external clients.
• multiple Monitoring, escalation and root cause analysis for infrastructure issues
• Capacity planning around performance, elasticity, cloud service limits
• Data Security & Privacy: audits, RFPs, documentation, snapshots and replication, intra- and inter-region Disaster Recovery and fault tolerance plans and testing,
• Application clustering / load balancing concepts and technologies
• A solid understanding of cloud computing environments and preferably experience with AWS
• Familiarity working in an Agile environment and demonstrated success with structured testing practices such as automated unit testing, regression testing, TDD and continuous delivery \
• Java development and/or scripting (Bash / Shell, Python, Ruby) experience
• Ability to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues
• Basic DB administration experience (Postgres, Oracle, SQL Server).
• Understanding network topologies and common network protocols and services (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, FTP, SMTP)
Good to have:
• AWS Disaster Recovery design and deployment across regions a plus
• Experience administrating version control systems such as Mercurial.
• Experience with distributed and scalable software architectures
• Object Oriented Programming (Java, C++)
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.