Location: India, HyderabadApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
The position is approximately 50% Team Management and 50% Individual Contributor role. The selected candidate will be responsible for managing the team of UX Designers and also provide UX Designs for product teams.
You are great at:
As a Manager:
- Lead and manage a team of talented UX Designers
- Coordinate among multiple designers supporting a suite of products, line of business or business unit.
- Maintain a cohesive user experience strategy for area of immediate responsibility and coordinate with other designers on cross-company UXD strategy. Research and evaluate new product UXD support opportunities.
- Mentor peers, stakeholders, and teammates on user-centered design principles and methodologies.
- Contribute to and help champion User Experience Design team initiatives, such as creation of design guidelines, process enhancements, toolkits, etc., fostering a customer-centered culture.
- Bring awareness of competitive software and emerging advances in the User Experience field, including interaction design, usability, user-centered design methods and state-of-the-art user interface technology into the company.
As an Individual Contributor:
- Work with R&D leadership, Product Management, and Architecture teams to create a shared understanding of the impact of technical, architectural, and platform decisions on the user experience.
- Maintain sound understanding of the underlying architecture of the system being developed in order to create designs that are both supported and work within defined technical constraints.
- Conceptualize, design and deliver intuitive and compelling designs for a complex, multiplatform (windows desktop, mac desktop, iOS mobile, iOS tablet, Android mobile, Android tablet, blackberry mobile, web/browsers, Java, etc.) product suite that clearly support customer needs and business objectives.
- Create interactive prototypes as proof of concept of the software product solution, serving as the starting point for requirements validation, conceptual design validation and basis for iterative development activities.
- Work within product development teams to guide and support day to day technical decision making that impacts the user experience.
- Support Program and Product Management by performing user research, developing ongoing relationships with customers to build a shared understanding of their problems and needs.
- Work with Product Management in helping to define requirements that create the product backlog and define the user experience vision for the product.
- Act as subject matter expert on the user experience capabilities, limitations, and tradeoffs presented by various platforms, technologies, and frameworks.
- Identify and create user personas, buyer personas, and usage scenarios.
- Participate in customer site visits, beta test visits, customer briefings, customer councils, user group meetings, technical conferences, seminars, etc. as appropriate and as budget permits. Creatively engage with customers via virtual councils, Webex sessions, and other remote technologies, especially when limited budget opportunities persist.
What it takes:
- Degree in HCI, Human Factors Engineering, Cognitive Science, Interaction Design, Computer Science, Industrial Design, Graphic Design or related experience. Master’s preferred.
- Minimum of 4-5 years of strong people management experience and 10 to 12 years of strong software interaction design experience reflected through portfolio / work samples demonstrating the following skills:
- Working with an experienced design team… applicants with eclectic backgrounds welcome
- Prototyping (paper and click-through interactive)
- Usability test creation, including scripts, metrics and standard testing protocol.
- Passionate about creating products that best serve the needs of the user
- Effective at influencing and convincing colleagues, and highly motivated to effect change
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to conceptualize complex systems
- Demonstrated results-oriented work ethic and consistent record of meeting deadlines
- Excellent listener, facilitator, communicator, and team player
- Self-reliant, used to taking initiative, and great at follow-up
- Creative, with solid understanding of interaction design best practices / principles
- Requirements gathering and analysis and Task and workflow analysis skills
- Knowledgeable about Heuristic evaluation and expert walkthroughs
- Statistical analysis of results and creation of reports including a standardized usability test scorecard.
- Good analytical and organizational skills including the ability to organize and prioritize tasks
- Ability to work both independently and in a highly collaborate environment as part of a global User Experience Design team
- Ability to shift among multiple projects as needed in rapid, agile software development environment
- Goal driven; plans and manages toward achieving goals, anticipates problems and issues and proactively drives their resolution
- Prior experience doing UX within an Agile environment would be an asset
- Experience with a variety of UI design and prototyping tools, e.g. Visio, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Axure, Balsamiq, Flash, etc.
- Knowledge of GUI accessibility standards (Section 508, WCAG, etc.) a plus
- Knowledge of Enterprise Content Management (ECM) products would be an asset
- Experience in designing complex enterprise applications
- Experience in ECM, SAP, RM, BPM, ERP, WCM preferred
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.