Location: India, HyderabadApply Now
The Lead Product Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of the strategic plan for a product. She/he develops the product strategy, drives the definition and delivery of product releases and is responsible for the full life cycle of the product. She/he works closely with the go-to-market team to ensure the product roadmap is in alignment with the corporate vision and can be successfully rolled out. She/he maintains close relationships with the market (customers, evaluators, and potentials) for awareness of market needs, defining market requirements, development of solutions, package the features into product releases and manage Agile product backlog. This position involves close interaction with sales, marketing, customer support, development managers & leads, user experience experts, product architects and key customers. A strong technical background is required.
You are great at:
• Working with key customers, analysts and members of the field organization to gather requirements for future releases and feedback on current releases.
• Discovering and validating market problems (both existing and future customers)
• Seeking new market opportunities by leveraging the company’s distinctive competence
• Analyzing the competitive landscape, industry direction
• Maintaining the product roadmap and representing it for the product internally and externally
• Writing and prioritizing product requirements and use cases
• Working closely with product development scrum teams to ensure product is built to specifications
• Assisting the documentation group in developing release documentation and guides
• Articulating business value and demonstrating technical capabilities of software products and solutions in customer webinars, training events, trade shows and user conferences
What it takes:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related; an unrelated degree with relevant professional work experience will be considered
• Working experience with enterprise scale products in the areas of product management / product development / professional services consulting
• Strong customer orientation and comfortable in engagement with field and customers, proven through former activities
• Zeal to work in global environment involving multiple development sites in various time zones
• Excellent communication and presentation skills and strong leadership skills
• Awareness of Agile product development methodologies
• Being a collaborative team player in a fast paced, deadline-oriented environment
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.