Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
We are seeking to fill a senior-level role on our Service Management team. Our ideal candidate will be a highly-qualified, dedicated, and hands-on developer with experience in the following HP Service Manager modules: Change, Release, Incident, Problem, Knowledge Management and Configuration Management. Having a consulting background, and experience working with multiple organizations and industries using HP IT Service Management solutions in support of ITIL v3 best practices, is a big plus. The position requires the effective use and integration of other HP tools like Operations Monitoring, ConnectIt, Asset Manager, uCMDB, and Knowledge Management.
You are great at:
As a member of the Service Manager support team, you will provide technical support/development of the Service Manager environment and its suite of Service Management applications. You are expected to frequently interact and consult with key business stakeholders tasked with leveraging and maturing ITIL capabilities and continually improving upon processes and interactions throughout the organization.
What it takes:
• A bachelor’s degree, College diploma or equivalent experience
• 4+ years of experience working with HP Service Manager 9.x+.
• Candidates with Asset Manager, uCMDB and Asset Discovery experience is a plus.
• Must have strong SQL database programming skills (Oracle a plus), with a solid understanding of query formulation and performance.
• Must be comfortable working within a terminal-based Linux environment using shell scripting skills.
• Knowledge in these areas is a plus:
o Tomcat configuration/administration experience.
o Familiarity with Networking (SNMP, SSH, WMI, NetBIOS, TCP/IP protocols, Layer2).
o Solid understanding of Enterprise Class operating systems (Windows Server and Linux, AIX, HPUX).
o Architectural and systems level understanding of data center Operational Support Systems (OSS), networking, server infrastructure, virtualization technologies, storage systems, monitoring systems, database systems, and three tier client server applications.
• Must have completed the relevant HP Foundations and Tailoring training for Service Manager.
• Other areas that would be beneficial include:
o Experience with a full life-cycle implementation of HP SM, uCMDB, and/or Asset Manager.
o Experience with other HP ITSM applications including Asset Manager, Service Manager, and uCMDB.
o Experience developing custom integration adapters to third party applications to support data federation needs
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.