Location: Germany, MunichApply Now
A Senior Technical Architect is engaged on the implementation of OpenText solutions to customers. The focus is on design of the technical architecture and technical lead of the infrastructure part of the project.
The role is centred on delivery, either on site on remotely. Working within a core team of consultants, the individual will be a senior resource, possessing a very strong technical knowledge base. Often taking the technical lead role, the consultant will be responsible for scoping, designing and implementing OpenText software, normally into large and complex environments. The consultant will in many cases have the functional lead of the technical team of the implementation.
Working in close collaboration with the OpenText project manager, the consultant will be required to own the technical delivery of the architecture.
The role requires the consultant to work towards a billable utilisation target of 74% of available hours.
The role is customer facing and requires excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate to a wide range of stakeholders (internally and externally) both orally and in writing.
There will be travel to national and occasionally international locations, with an expectation for site-based management where appropriate.
The consultant will also possess strong commercial skills that will help drive ongoing Professional Services revenue through existing and new customers.
You are great at:
• Consulting with existing and new customers with a view to driving PS engagements
• Assisting in requirements gathering activities
• Participating in technical and functional design activities
• Delivering OpenText technology to customers
• Interacting with both customer and internal Open Text project stakeholders in order to articulate specific technical options and decisions in a concise and clear manner.
• Contributing to bids requiring professional input as well as providing estimating expertise during the sales cycle.
• Actively using and contributing to the project management standards and quality checks used within Open Text Global Services
• Managing expectations and responsibilities for all client and internal stakeholders.
What it takes:
• Experience working closely with the OpenText ECM technology stack
• A sound knowledge of the OpenText product suite, with either OpenText Documentum/D2/InfoArchive products or OpenText Content Server and SAP related modules:
• Exceptional technical knowledge of the underlying architecture
• Excellent communication skills that will promote trust and clarity with customers and at all levels
• Commercial awareness that will drive OpenText revenue
• Strategic planning skills that will drive customer adoption of OpenText technology across the organisation
• Business Development skills with demonstrable experience of farming user bases and new customers
• Excellent knowledge and experience working of IT infrastructure, networking and Oracle/SQL database layers
• Time management skills that will enable projects to be delivered on time and on budget
This role could be located in a number of German offices including Grasbrunn, Hannover, Dusseldorf or Frankfurt
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.