Function: Technical Support
Location: Sweden, GothenburgApply Now
Opentext is currently searching for a technically dynamic and resourceful individual who has the ability to provide exceptional technical support in a challenging and rewarding environment.
The incumbent will be joining a team that provides world class technical support to a variety of enterprise customers while working across business units to ensure that customer satisfaction is met in every form. The Technical Support Specialist will work support issues that are complex in nature and carry varying priority levels based on set standards.
You are great at:
• Facilitate the resolution of complex technical issues in all areas of assigned opentext software products by analysing logs, researching issues, debugging scripts or recreating in house.
• Identify and report software defects and customer suggestions to appropriate responsible groups.
• Author as well as update articles to contribute to our Product Knowledge Base.
• Represent opentext and communicate with corporate customers via telephone, written correspondence, or electronic service in regard to finding resolutions to presented technical problems.
• Providing suggestions for alternate support options for customer issues that are not related to opentext products.
• Collaborate on cross-team and cross-product technical issues by working with resources from other groups as needed to resolve customer issues.
• Commit to continuous learning in an effort to keep current with industry changes.
• Demonstrate customer focus and empathy.
• Meet established service delivery guidelines such as customer satisfaction, phone-based activities, resolution, schedule adherence, case documentation and case wellness.
• Other duties and projects as assigned by management.
What it takes:
• Previous experience working within a technical support or development environment.
• University/College degree within a related discipline or equivalent work experience.
• Proficient in Windows OS, knowledge of UNIX and/or Linux is beneficial.
• Experience working with relational DBMS (Oracle, MS SQL Server, mySQL).
• Strong desire to provide exceptional technical support efficiently with a high focus on first call resolution.
• Proven experience working in a fluid environment that is ever growing and changing.
• Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively.
• Positive attitude, patience, understanding, dedication and commitment.
• Strong attention to detail and the ability to grasp concepts quickly and have a thirst for knowledge.
• Experience working with Web Application Servers (i.e. Websphere, Weblogic, Tomcat, JBoss) is an advantage.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.