Location: US, CO, BroomfieldApply Now
The Senior Cloud Security Engineer is a member of the Open Text Information Security team and has responsibility for delivering security solutions in Cloud infrastructure based on Cloud security standards, governance and control practices. This role focuses on implementation and support of security solutions in various cloud environments such as Google Cloud (GCP) and Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure. This role requires advanced knowledge and strong experience in monitoring, analyzing events and the securing cloud systems and environments.
You are great at:
• Leading the security implementation, and operation of cloud-based platforms (GCP, AWS, Azure, etc.)
• Implementing secure solutions for cloud platforms, including bringing new solutions into the architecture and expanding security and design
• Analyzing security requirements for cloud implementation and integration
• Developing new security standards and testing procedures for cloud systems that map to existing security standards
• Establishing best-practices and executing cyber security operations activities such as security incident response, vulnerability management, security monitoring, and event management
• Configuring and implementing End Point Security, Threat Vulnerability Management, SIEM, DLP, etc.
• Provide security guidance to security teams on technical, procedural, and best practices for cloud-based solutions
• Continually building automation and tooling capabilities for the deployment and management of our internal security services
• Perform other duties and responsibilities necessary
What it takes:
• BS in Computer Science, Cyber Security, Information Assurance, or Information Security preferred.
• 6+ years of experience and demonstrated success in cloud security and infrastructure
• 4+ years working with cloud-based platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.) in an enterprise environment
• Technical skills with UTM, ATP, TVM, IAM, security analytics, server operating systems in Cloud or on-premises environments
• Strong Analytical skills and aptitude for change
• Experienced in working with various logging/monitoring solutions and ability to review system and event logs from various IT components
• Experience with containers and proficient with Kubernetes and Docker
• Experience with scripting and programming languages like Python, bash etc.
• Experience with Linux or Windows environments and virtual platforms
• Demonstrated experience generating metrics to measure service and program effectiveness.
• Strong written and presentation skills with the ability to communicate effectively with diverse technical and non-technical groups, spanning all organizational levels.
• Must be able to work in a fast paced and changing environment while handling multiple tasks, priorities, and directives. Capable of working under pressure.
• CISSP, GCIH, CISA, CISM, or other industry certifications preferred.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act.