Location: US, MD, GaithersburgApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
OpenText is looking for a Product Manager with B2B Integration expertise in the Retail/CPG industry vertical in the Business Network business unit. The Product Manager develops the product strategy, drives the definition and the delivery of product releases and is responsible for the full life cycle of the product. She/he works closely with the go-to-market team to ensure the product roadmap can meet the requirements of the business plan and can be successfully rolled out. This role will require a strong understanding of B2B transactions, SaaS solutions, and retail fulfillment use cases.
You are great at:
The Sr Product Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of the strategic plan for a product. They maintain close relationships with the market (customers, evaluators, and potentials) for awareness of market needs, defining market requirements, development of solutions, package the features into product releases and manage Agile product backlogs. She/he works closely with the go-to-market team to ensure the product roadmap can meet the requirements of the business plan and can be successfully rolled out. This position involves close interaction with sales, marketing, development leads, product architects, and key customers. A strong technical background and UI-driven/UX experience is required.
Discover and validate market problems (both existing and future customers)
• Seek new market opportunities by leveraging the company’s distinctive competence
• Provide oversight of strategy, technical, and marketing aspects of the product
• Create and maintain the business plan including pricing
• Determine buy/build/partner decisions
• Approve final marketing and go-to-market plans
• Conduct technology assessments
• Analyze the competitive landscape
• Work with key customers, analysts and members of the field organization to gather requirements for future releases and feedback on current releases.
• Maintain the product roadmap and represent it for the product internally and externally
• Monitor and incorporate industry innovations
• Define user personas for individual products
• Write and prioritize product requirements and use cases
• Work closely with development leads/product owner, to align global priority of product backlog
• Work closely with product developments scrum teams to ensure product is built to specifications
• Assist the documentation group in developing released documentation and guides
What it takes:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in information systems, business, supply chain, or logistics & transportation. MBA is a plus.
• Experience in defining and managing horizontal or vertical software solutions, either through product management or equivalent activities.
• 5-7+ years Product Management and/or Business Analyst experience in the B2B retail industry, integration services, or enterprise resource planning software.
• An understanding of concepts/systems such as Drop Ship, Reverse Logistics, Data Synchronization, Vendor Managed Inventory, Warehouse Management, Scan & Pack, etc
• More than 5 years of experience in SaaS solutions.
• Ability to handle large-scale project management for concurrent initiatives
• Skilled in presentations and discussions with business and technical staff
• Knowledge of software development lifecycle process and methodologies
• Strong communication and presentation skills in English language
• Willingness to travel globally approximately 10%
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act