Location: US, MD, GaithersburgApply Now
We are looking for a high-energy, results-driven Sales Director with solid technology and US Public Sector experience. The selected candidate will be responsible for leading a team of three Sales Directors and 7 sales specialists with a focus on selling OpenText Enterprise Content Services into SLED (State Local & Education) enterprises. Sales accountability includes software, maintenance, SaaS, and services. The candidate will be accountable for growing this enterprise software business and achieving region revenue, gross margin, market penetration, installed base retention, and cost control objectives.
The candidate will drive and support BU business models, go-to-market strategies, and sales/marketing initiatives for regional effectiveness. The candidate will ensure optimal and increased account coverage through direct and partner sales resources. The candidate will develop and grow sales people and management to ensure a maximum productivity and to ensure qualified sales talent base that is ready and able to support future growth. The candidate will support sales leadership in developing key and/or difficult account opportunities.
You are great at:
* Achieving the sales and profit plan. Delivering the SLED sales revenue and profit targets for software licensing, SaaS, maintenance and services.
* Growing the business and increasing market share. Managing cost items and discretionary spend, including travel, to specified targets.
* Building and Managing a Robust Sales Pipeline. Building a sufficiently large pipeline to consistently deliver on quarterly and annual booking and revenue targets.
* Defining and executing sales plays that grow the base and generate new logo opportunities. Developing and prospecting and a hunting culture.
* Maintaining requested reporting and regular opportunity inspection, to ensure accurate pipeline.
* Developing & Deploying Sales Coverage. Working with sales operations to define coverage strategy and deploying the optimal sales coverage model for the Federal and SLED businesses. This includes defining the right number and mix of sales executives and presales engineers. This also includes defining territory assignments that comprehend geographic and industry vertical opportunities and objectives.
* Implementing Effective Sales Management Processes. Developing and deploying effective sales management and operational practices for the SLED business.
* Forecasting accurately. Coordinating all sales activities in the area-of-control.
* Building long-term growth opportunities using an Account Business Planning process.
* Defining, implementing and managing processes for pipeline management, forecasting, strategic account development and performance management.
* Establishing sales activity targets for such things as face to face call frequency, demo activity, proposal activity, prospect calling, pipeline size and deal closure.
* Developing Customer Opportunities. Coaching and supporting sales teams and leadership in developing key and/or difficult account opportunities.
* Building lasting, consultative relationships with C-level executives in customer accounts.
* Sales Organization Building and Development. Recruiting high-caliber talent, defining optimal team structure & R&R, and providing meaningful input to compensation plans. Keeping territories filled and ensuring optimal sales capacity, within budget constraints.
* Developing sales resources and management talent to ensure a pipeline of qualified sales talent to support future growth. Developing the consultative, solution selling capability in their organization so that sales personnel can deliver compelling business cases that differentiate and highlight the value of OpenText’s broad portfolio.
* Developing and supporting a Partner Eco-system. In partnership with the alliance and partner organizations in the SLED space, developing a network of alliances and channel partners that expand our market coverage and enhance the completeness and strength of our portfolio and value proposition.
* Advocating for the Business. Working with internal and external stakeholders to drive the business.
* Working with business units and sibling sales organizations to drive sales opportunity.
* Advocating for improvements or changes needed for business success. Demonstrating in depth knowledge of the market, competition and customer requirements.
* Providing external leadership to industry, community, press.
What it takes:
* University or Bachelor’s degree, advanced university or Master’s degree preferred.
* 15 years of sales and progressive sales management experience in US Public Sector (Federal & SLED), including leading a team of 20+ people.
* 10 years of Enterprise Software experience.
* Demonstrated results in growing a business or expanding a market.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act.