Location: US, MD, GaithersburgApply Now
The Account Development Manager will report to the Senior Director of Account Development. They will manage and oversee the hiring, on-boarding, coaching, development, performance and retention of an Account Development team of ~10 individual contributors.
This includes the qualification and development of inbound leads, as well as strategic outbound prospecting into a named account Sales structure. The Account Development Manager will be responsible for driving all AD programs in working with the Field Marketing Managers within their territories and will be a central point of contact for the Account Development Reps regarding process, strategy, programs and quota requirements.
The Account Development Manager will be responsible for generating inbound and outbound lead generation best practices and programs. They will implement cold calling and incentive programs that will generate leads aligned with the primary solution areas. They will work with respective internal groups to identify and manage required training and support for the Account Development Reps to ensure that business goals are achieved.
You are great at:
The Account Development Manager is a leader in our hub. The successful candidate should come from a SOFTWARE/ TECHNOLOGY environment and be strong in attracting and retaining talent while nurturing potential.
• Leading & coaching their team to generate BANT-qualified leads
• Managing account-based outreach that aligns with Sales strategy (phone, email, social, etc.)
• Coaching, training, motivating and developing their team to achieve their weekly targets and quarterly KPIs
• Driving performance to ensure individual and team targets are met/exceeded consistently
• Conducting 1:1 performance reviews to coach each individual team member; responsibility for all aspects of performance management
• Engaging and communicating confidently; will present to and collaborate with Sales and Marketing leadership regularly
What it takes:
A qualified candidate should have the following skills and knowledge:
• 5+ years of relevant experience managing individual contributors to achieve Sales targets
• Proven success in managing an outbound business development or Inside Sales organization, preferably in a software/technology environment
• Strong coaching and development skills
• Strong customer service skills
• Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong organization and time management skills
• Adaptable to a fast-paced, technology-driven environment
Experience with Microsoft Office, Salesforce.com, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, DiscoverOrg, Level Eleven, social selling
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act.