Location: US, MD, GaithersburgApply Now
The Renewals group with Customer Support is one of Opentext’s fastest growing teams with diverse and motivated individuals that consistently deliver profitable growth. We serve our customer life-cycle through a series of interactions designed to drive higher value and an optimal experience from OpenText solutions.
We are a dynamic and international team that brings energy and enthusiasm to the company every day.
We partner closely with the Sales, Development and Support Delivery to demonstrate the value of our customers chosen OpenText solutions. Mutually beneficial partnerships are what we enable on a daily basis..
The objective of Director, Cloud Renewal Sales is to exceed Revenue Plan objectives for OpenText Enterprise Cloud Customers located globally
You are great at:
• Lead teams of Customer Managers to grow Cloud revenue in their accounts.
• Assist team members in developing strategy and tactics for negotiating renewals, amendments and contract changes.
• Participate in the negotiation process as a Player/Coach by communicating with customers in face to face meetings and conference calls.
• Assist team members in Resolving issues for Service Delivery, Customer Support, Legal, Contract, Billing, Accounts Receivable, Development and all other customer related matters.
• FY20 goals are based on revenue
• Decisions include financial and contract negotiations with customers, renewals of contracts driving toward optimizing revenue flow to OpenText while achieving customer agreement for contract extensions.
• Success in these negotiations determine short term and long term revenue flow to OpenText.
• Taking the lead role in internal issue resolution which may include Service Delivery, Customer Support, Billing, Development and Accounts Receivable topics.
• Successful development of a go forward plan for resolution to the customer issues described immediately above will determine the level of Customer Satisfaction with OpenText, and the customer willingness to spend more money with OpenText, or move to a competitive solution.
• The decisions made in this position require sensitivity to customer tolerance, internal needs and what is ultimately right for the stockholders of OpenText.
• The majority of these decisions can be made by the person in this position.
• Escalations to higher management are typically made when either the Approvals and Authorizations policy requires a certain position level for a decision, or exceptions to policies and procedures are necessary which involve multiple OpenText business functions. Additionally, escalations to higher management are made to develop long term and short term strategy for how to handle certain accounts.
This role has a team of 4 reporting to it:
• Four Customer Managers located in the Americas and EMEA. Each has responsibility for Cloud Revenue Growth across their existing accounts. Face to Face customer meetings are common and necessary to develop successful relationships, particularly with the larger accounts. The position codes for these individuals are SMP3.
• This role regularly interacts with Sales, Finance, Customer Support, Operations, Development and Billing/Accounts Receivable contacts, often management.
• The nature of communications with the functions above include developing successful strategies to grow customers’ spending with OpenText, solving customer issues and communicating resolutions to customers. This requires working toward a successful customer acceptance or outcome, negotiating an exception necessary to resolve an issue or bringing non-Sales functions together with the customer for communicating resolutions and future steps to improve customer success.
What it takes:
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university and experience in Technology Sales (7+ years) is critical. In addition, experience managing Technology Sales Teams is mandatory (7+ years).
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.