Function: Sales Operations
Location: US, MD, GaithersburgApply Now
The Cost Analyst serves as the liaison between the Sales and implementation organizations. The position is responsible for working with Sales to quote the delivery work effort, working with FP&A on the profitability of each individual deal(s), establishing delivery timelines, facilitating solution analysis and ultimately drafting the Statement of Work (SOW). The job responsibilities include engaging with the sales team, and prospect as required, to negotiate final implementation requirements, final contract and works creatively with FP&A team to establish a win-win engagement between the potential prospect/Client and OpenText.
The job responsibilities include engaging with the sales team, and prospect as required, to negotiate final implementation requirements, finalize contract and works creatively with FP&A team to establish a win-win engagement between the potential prospect/Client and OpenText.
• Assisting Sales in meeting Sales quarterly Sales quota
• Lead solution assessment process to ensure technical agreement of overall solution for qualified sales opportunities.
• Produce delivery effort estimate and implementation schedule/project plan.
• Serve as delivery lead for larger opportunities and represent delivery in virtual deal team.
• Support RFx responses as it relates to Professional Services input required.
• Develop customer facing statement of work (SOW).
• Engage with client for final delivery scoping and negotiation.
• Work with bid team to create alternative delivery options to meet client requirements and minimize Business Network risk exposure.
• Facilitate smooth hand-off to Professional Services at contract signature.
• Contribute to ongoing process improvements within Professional Services and the end to end bid process. Areas of focus include estimation techniques and standard SOW language.
• Partner with sales to provide analysis of sales forecast and support delivery team in resource planning and budget process.
• Strong interaction with Sales, Marketing, Customer Support, and Engineering.
You are great at:
• Experience in EDI related industry
• Experience as an eCommerce project manager
• Related level experience dealing with designing moderately business-to-business complex solutions
• Experience in cost analysis or direct customer facing project management experience in related computer industry
• Some experience in business development which includes project estimation, bid development, and client negotiation
• Some client facing experience in both pre- or post- sales situation
• Proven relevant business experience, preferably in B2B cloud services, outsourcing or Professional services
• Proven actual experience in solution design and implementation.
• Proven problem solving skills
What it takes:
• 3+ years in EDI related industry
• 3+ years as a eCommerce project manager
• Decision Making: Exercises good judgment by making sound and well-informed decisions; perceives the impact and implications of decisions; makes effective and timely decisions, even when data is limited or solutions produce unpleasant consequences; is proactive and achievement oriented.
• Problem Solving: Identifies and analyzes problems; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information to make logical decisions; provides solutions to individual and organizational problems. Develops reasonable options for solutions when required for decision making.
• Teamwork/Collaboration: Inspires, motivates, and guides others toward goal accomplishments; develops and sustains cooperative working relationships.
• Technical Ability: Understands and appropriately applies procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to specialized expertise. Uses knowledge that is acquired from formal training or extensive on-the-job experience to perform one’s job; works with, understands, and evaluates technical information related to the job.
• Written and Oral Communication: Expresses facts and ideas in writing and presentations in a clear, convincing, and organized manner.
• Application Design and Solution Development: Has practical experience in the development of and architecting of application and hardware components complimented with EDI business-to-business ecommerce
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act