Location: US, MD, GaithersburgApply Now
OpenText is looking for a Senior Product Manager for transaction visibility with both B2B Integration, and enterprise/cloud application integration expertise to support the Business Network managed integration services offering. The Lead Product Manager develops the product strategy, drives the definition and the delivery of product releases and is responsible for the full life cycle of the transaction visibility service. She/he works closely with the go-to-market team to ensure the product roadmap can meet the requirements of the business plan and can be successfully rolled out.
In this role the Senior Product Manager will drive the Business Network strategy for products within the portfolio and across product portfolios incorporating the best solutions in OpenText into the Business Network offerings. Driving integration initiatives on roadmaps for messaging, cloud-based data translation, fully managed integration services capabilities. This role will require a strong understanding of B2B transactions, how customers use visibility tooling to manage their business operations, A2A integration, APIs, SaaS solutions, and managed services delivery and support models.
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of the strategic plan for a product. They maintain close relationships with the market (customers, evaluators, and potentials) for awareness of market needs, defining market requirements, development of solutions, package the features into product releases and manage Agile product backlogs. She/he works closely with the go-to-market team to ensure the product roadmap can meet the requirements of the business plan and can be successfully rolled out. This position involves close interaction with sales, marketing, development leads, product architects, and key customers. A strong technical background is required.
You are great at:
• Discovering and validating market problems (both existing and future customers)
• Understanding how customers and users leverage transaction visibility analytics to operate their business.
• Developing a vision for simple and intuitive UIs for complex data sets.
• Providing oversight of strategy, technical, and marketing aspects of the product
• Determining buy/build/partner decisions
• Approving final marketing and go-to-market plans
• Analyzing the competitive landscape
• Working with key customers, analysts and members of the field organization to gather requirements for future releases and feedback on current releases.
• Maintaining the product roadmap and representing it for the product internally and externally
What it takes:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in information systems, business, supply chain, or logistics & transportation. MBA is a plus.
• 5-7+ years Product Management experience in the B2B integration services, A2A integration technologies, or enterprise resource planning software.
• Experience with any of the following integration solutions: B2B supply chain and banking transaction, A2A, integration broker products, Enterprise class SaaS and PaaS solutions
• Strong customer orientation and comfortable in sales situations, proven through former experience
• Strong background in analytics and user experience strategy, design, and development
• Skilled in presentations and discussions with business and technical staff
• Knowledge of software development lifecycle process and methodologies
• Strong communication and presentation skills in English language
• Strong leadership skills
• Effective at influencing and convincing others into action yet able to also be a good team member/player
• Understand and articulate customers’ viewpoints and perspectives, the problems, challenges and opportunities customers face in their businesses and how customers use, or could use, the product(s) to address them
• Accustomed to work in an international environment involving multiple development sites on various time zones.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act.