Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
As an Account Executive at Open Text you help customers use information to grow faster and be more efficient in an increasingly Digital World. You are part of a global team of highly skilled and entrepreneurial professionals who understand that their customers are experiencing unprecedented change.
Your customers trust your judgment to help them solve their most pressing business problems and to support them in their journey to the cloud and to become a digital enterprise. You will stop at nothing to help them find the right cloud services and information exchange solutions.
You are comfortable with complex sales cycles and flexible purchase models to include subscription and services solutions. Your track record of successful attainment of your targets will be rewarded with one of the most competitive compensation packages in the industry.
This position will be based in Germany (we are flexible on location). You will report to the Sales Director, Northern Region, On-Demand Messaging within the Business Network business unit.
You will be a successful hunter developing business in the assigned territory.
Some regional and international travel will be required - at least 30%.
You are great at:
Consistently meet and exceed monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals (license, hardware, services and cloud offerings) by:
• Generate demand for On-Demand Messaging products, solutions and services through smart prospecting and lead generation activities and sales campaigns
• Drive sales of OpenText’s On-Demand Messaging software licenses and services to achieve quota; accountable for meeting or exceeding assigned sales objectives on a quarterly and annual basis
• Develop and execute business plan, account plans, strategy and tactics (updated on a quarterly basis) to generate revenue from assigned geographical territory, vertical assignment, and/or account base in Germany and the DACH region.
• Build and manage relationships in medium to large sized companies, and articulate value proposition of On-Demand Messaging solutions to C-level and senior executives
• Execute consultative sales methodology and manage complex sales-cycles from lead identification to closure
• Forecast sales opportunities and use CRM system effectively, and own all aspects of account management and customer relationship in assigned territory/account base
• Contribute to achievement of company and team targets and goals
What it takes:
• Proven track record of business development and sales experience in appropriate software or cloud services related industry. Unified communications, telco or secure messaging knowledge is preferred.
• Understanding of business processes, business automation and the challenges organizations face sharing information with customers and business partners.
• Successful history of achieving sales through a partner channel as well as winning direct and indirect enterprise sales.
• Understanding of strategic selling and consultative selling processes, including demonstrated success participating and succeeding in strategic selling and consultative sales environments.
• Experience engaging, signing and enabling new channel partners across various horizontal and vertical markets to achieve agreed targets.
• Skilled at presenting complex technical concepts in a clear manner to customers through presentations, demonstrations and proposals.
• Self-motivation with demonstrated sales planning skills, sales leadership, time management, and project management skills.
• Strong oral and written German and English skills. Additional languages an advantage.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.